Prince D x Funk troll! Reader

You and Darnell went on dates pretty often. You already hung out constantly, but you two had actual dates 2-3 times a week! On one of them after the world tour, he wanted to know if your music preference had changed.
"Hey, babe?"
"Yeah?"
"I was just wondering, after everything thats happened, has your favorite music changed?" He asked you nervously.
"Huh? Oh! No not really. Funk will always be my roots, and I love listening to Hip-Hop. Especially yours. But I do have to admit that the other genres can be fun. Especially the sub-genres. Pop really can get anyone dancing, rock has a bit of an edgy yet energetic vibe to it, classical is so calming and has a way of sweeping someone off their feet, I love the country trolls' accents when they sing. Oh and Techno is so full of energy and even not-so-great dancers can get with it and-" You kept rambling on and on about your thoughts on each genre. Prince D loved listening to you ramble since you were usually the quiet type. You didn't talk that much. You preferred to sit and listen rather than get up and be a part of. It changed a little when you took interest in other genres. He saw you dancing and singing more than all the years he had known you before. Honestly, he believed that it was because you never liked Funk or Hip-Hop that much to begin with. You weren't required to, and he'd still love you either way, but it still hurt a little.
You, Darnell, and the rest of his family were visiting Pop Village. You all liked visiting each kingdom once a month, and it was Pop's turn. Prince D watched his brother talk to his friends and get involved in the party, enjoying himself. He looked around, expecting you to be dancing and singing along too. You were nowhere to be found.
"Huh? (Y/N)?!" He called out. He asked a few trolls if they saw where you went. Biggie pointed towards the river.
"I'm sure I saw them go that way just a few minutes ago." Biggie said.
"Pew"
"Yes, Mr. Dinkles. it did look like they were purposely trying to be sneaky, didn't it?" Biggie asked Mr. Dinkles.
"Pew"
"...Well thank you two for letting me know." Darnell thanked them and headed your way. The river was actually a little far from were the party was, so he caught up before you reached it. He wanted to know why you'd purposely sneak off without telling him anything. It seemed like you were trying to hide something. He hid behind trees and bushes and a few other trolls so that you wouldn't catch him following you. Once you reached the river, you took a deep breath and looked around to make sure you were alone. Darnell hid inside of a bush and peeked at you through the leaves. Once you were sure you were alone, you took another deep breath.
"Alright, just like he taught you. Deep breaths...feel the beat...you can't sing if your focused on everything else." You said to yourself. Darnell watched confused as you continued to breath deeply and started to nod your head to some non-existent beat. "Never knew, never meant. Electrical....electrical." No way. Were you...
"I never meant for you to come and find me, I never meant for you to feel so relying, I never meant to spend all of this time here, I never meant to put my heart up in hiding. The feeling when I'm next to you. That feeling special. Make me wanna put my foot down hard up on the pedal, rocking out like heavy metal. Do what, they told me, told me. You've gotta show me, show me. They think, they know me, know me. You really owe me, owe me." You were singing Hip-Hop! Prince D couldn't believe it. He heard you sing before, but it was soft and more of a hum, this was so much different. His heart melted. He already loved hearing your voice when you talked. Now you had him wrapped around your finger with your singing.
"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" Bliss Marina appeared.
"Woah, whats up, Bliss?" You asked her.
"You! We're supposed to be on stage remember? Plus Prince D was looking for you and we couldn't find out where he went! We need to get you on stage, and him in the audience right now!" Bliss exclaimed.
"Oh no! I only meant to practice for a few minutes before going up!" You panicked and ran towards the party, Bliss right behind you. Prince D crawled out of the bush and made his way towards the party as fast as he could without you or Bliss spotting him. Luckily, he made it into the audience without either of you two seeing. He looked up at the stage and saw Queen Poppy run up to the microphone.
"Hey! Are you trolls having fun?" Everyone cheered. Poppy beamed.
"Happy to hear! By the way, we have a special guest performing for us today! (Y/N)!" She pointed towards you as you nervously walked towards the microphone. You gulped and waved.
"Thats my friend! I know them!" Biggie cheered, making you a little less nervous as his cheers were followed by everyone else cheering you on. You took the microphone from Poppy and nodded a thanks to her. She left the stage as Bliss got into her position on stage and Dj Suki left the DJ booth, letting King Trollex take over. You got into position and took a few deep breaths, nodding to King Trollex. He started the music and you and Bliss started nodding your heads to the beat.
"Never knew....never meant." Bliss began.
"Electrical....Ooooh....electrical." You sang.
"I never meant for you to come and find me." You sang.
"I'm feeling too electrical!" Bliss sang the back-up vocals.
"I never meant for you to feel so relying."
"The power too electrical!"
"I never meant to spend all of this time here."
"The feeling too electrical!"
"I never meant to put my heart up in hiding. The feeling when I'm next to you. That feeling special. Make me wanna put my foot down hard up on the pedal. Rocking out like heavy metal!"
"Do what, they told me, told me
You've gotta show me, show me
They think, they know me, know me
You really owe me, owe me
Do what, they told me, told me
You've gotta show me, show me
They think, they know me, know me"
"The feeling so electrical"
"Do what, they told me, told me
You've gotta show me, show me
They think, they know me, know me"
"The feeling so electrical!"
"Just come and find me, you not reliant. I love the timing, feeling so electrical. Yes, I'm feeling so electrical. Ooo, yes, I'm feeling so electrical!" You sang your heart out. Prince D had a big goofy smile on his face while he watched you.
"Never let her go, man." Branch said.
"Not planning to." Prince D responded.
"Electrical, when I'm with you
But now I know, that I gotta go
Electrical, when I'm with you
But now I know, that I gotta go
Electrical, when I'm with you. That feeling special. Make me wanna put my foot down hard up on the pedal. Rocking out like heavy metal"
Bliss wasn't needed anymore to sing any backup vocals, but she still stayed on stage to dance and have fun. Prince D didn't realize everyone could see how goofy he looked. You were looking at him the entire time you sang, and you were pretty damn satisfied with his reaction.
"Do what, they told me, told me
You've gotta show me, show me
They think, they know me, know me
You really owe me, owe me
Do what, they told me, told me
You've gotta show me, show me
They think, they know me, know me
The feeling so electrical
Just come and find me, you not reliant. I love the timing, feeling so electrical. Yes, I'm feeling so electrical. Ooo, yes, I'm feeling so electrical!
Do what, they told me, told me
You've gotta show me, show me
They think, they know me, know me
The feeling so electrical!
Do what, they told me, told me
You've gotta show me, show me
They think, they know me, know me
The feeling so electrical"
Prince D was blushing so hard, and your smirk was not helping. Trolly molly, you knew exactly what you were doing to him.
"Just come and find me, you not reliant
I love the timing, feeling so electrical
Yes, I'm feeling so electrical
Ooo, yes, I'm feeling so electrical" You finally finished singing...and you winked at him. You. Freaking! Darnell's knees were shaking and nearly gave up on him with that final blow. Branch and Cooper both kept him standing up. He eventually found his balance again when you walked up to him.
"I...I had no idea you could sing like that." He said.
"I asked Tiny Diamond and his dad to teach me so I could surprise you. Thanks guys!" You waved at the two, they waved back. "Also, I had no idea that you could turn so red." You teased, smirking and raising an eyebrow at him playfully. Goddamit.
"Only cause you wouldn't stop trying to be all flirty!" Prince D exclaimed, making some of the nearby trolls laugh.
"Flirty? I don't have a clue what you're talking about. You of all people know I can't flirt to save my life." You continued to smirk and rolled your eyes.
"You're so evil." Darnell narrowed his eyes at you.
"I love you, too." You said and gave him a kiss. He melted into it.
He might've been smooth, but he got that from his mom. He's actually easily flustered like his dad.
Song is Electrical by Bali Baby