Chapter 15

Autumn's POV

Orientation day was quite... Nerve racking. The college wasn't that big but it was big if that's understandable. I don't start my classes til' next week because everyone is still on break. But, my councilor, Mr. Hawkins, told me that I would have someone show me around.

I went into the library to meet this guy and there seemed to be no one there. Just some librarians and a good looking guy reading a book. I shrug and walk towards him," hi, are you Jordan?" I ask.

He eyes me," yes, whom may you be?" he asks. For a good looking guy, he sure sounds like a brainiac. Even if this isn't my tour guide, I would still like to know him.

"Im Autumn, Autumn Jenkins. Mr Hawkins told me-"

"Oh shit," he curses. "I totally spaced out, I am so sorry Autumn. Um, my brain is always crazy but its nice to meet you." He sticks out his hands as I take them and shake it.

I laugh," its fine. Not like Im going anywhere," I say, sounding sort of depressed. Keeping distance away from Kian felt... Relieved, I guess but I don't know. It was nice to not worry about anything and just explore this world.

"Um... Lets get this tour going than. We'll just start with the main building which is quite a walk... You up for it?" he asks.

"Of course," I say as I follow him out the door.

"So, what are you majoring in?" he asks. From this angle, he was honestly really cute and his height was just a smidge taller than me.

"Im just taking basic classes... I never really knew what I wanted in my life," I say.

"May I ask?" he says.

I sigh," well, I was the second born and I was happy. But then, my little sister died due to anorexia and that was the time when my dad walked out on us. Turns out, I have anorexia as well. Um... I just lived life with it. Graduated high school. Got a car. Met some insane people," I laugh, remembering Ricky and Connor. "One of them turned out to be a dousche bag which ended up being my boyfriend, Kian. I finally met my dad and he was an ass. Kian and I fought at times and I fainted in one of them. Went to the hospital. Dad went to court to take me with him. He lost. Spent thanksgiving there. Got yelled at and yeah. I really hope you're not one of those college frat boys because I basically summed up my life right there.

He laughs," no, no. I mean, Im 'popular' as many people call it but I know who my true friends are. But anorexia, that sucks. I lost my mother to that. She just fainted one day and she couldn't handle it. Thanks for sharing that Autumn."

"So what about you?" I ask as we continue walking rather slowly to talk.

"Well... I was quite the complex guy. Im here for basketball but Im also here for my studies. Im an athlete and a brainiac," he laughs.

"Im the football kind of girl. Its basically my life," I say.

"That doesn't surprise me, you're talented and I can tell that in you."

"You're not shocked about that?" I ask.

He shakes his head," why would I be?"

"Because Im tiny, skinny, have anorexia..."

"Embrace the glorious mess that you are," he says. Huh, thats a new one. "My abuela always told me that she came up with that but I knew she stole it from someone."

I smile," thats a nice quote she got there."

He smiles as well. This is a nice feeling. When we reach a huge building in front of us, he stops us," so this is the main building. It has the lobby, the classes and the girls dorm rooms are in the east wing while the guys are the west."