Chapter 13

Realizing how September is really close to January makes me nervous. I start college in January which means I'll be gone. Im going to be living on campus with some random bunk mates.

"What is it?" Kian asks, nervously. I know I shouldn't talk to him about this on his birthday but it has been on my mind since its September.

"So... Beginning in January, I will be starting college."

"Oh... Well thats gonna happen sooner or later," he says, shrugging. Did he really just shrug this off? Im trying to keep this simple but now he's acting like a butt.

Kian's POV

I knew that Autumn was going to go to college at some point. Shes way too smart not to go to college. But I didn't know it was going to be in a couple of months. Im just trying not to sound hurt or cry because I don't want to hold her back from anything.

"Kian, Im gonna be gone for about four years, on campus," she says.

I sigh," yeah, I know."

"You don't seem sad. Do you want me to leave or something?" she asks.

"I love you princess," I say before making my way out the door. Now that was when tears were pouring down. I took the penny board I rode here and drove back. I just couldn't handle her talking about college anymore. Four years apart... I can't do that.

"Oh Kian!" this girl yells down the road. When I turn to face her, it was no other than my ex, Andrea. I thought she moved or something.

"What Andrea," I say.

"Gosh Kian, why do you have such an attitude?" she asks me. She can make a move any second so I decided to stay a good distance away.

"I don't want any bullshit of yours right now," I say, turning back around.

"I watched your new video," she says making me turn around again. "This Autumn chick... Where is she? Oh right. Shes heading to college soon which is why you're being such a wimp."

"I never thought of you this way Andrea," I say, truthfully.

"Why? Just because you broke up with me-"

"You broke up with me, Andrea. You were the one that walked out on this relationship... You were the one that moved away," I say, remembering everything from our relationship.

"Oh Kian, looks like you still have feelings for me," she smiles. "So what do you say, let's make out."

"I have a girlfriend," I defend.

"Oh yeah... I forgot about her," she says making me roll my eyes. "I don't like her very much and I do have the power of telling my fans to hate on her so maybe I should do that."

"Come on Andrea, she already has shit going on. You don't want to do this."

"Oh but I do," she says. "I can make her life absolutely miserable with just a push of a button."

"No, please don't Andrea. Just make all your fans hate on me, send me death threats, I don't care what happens to me. Just don't do shit to Autumn, don't lay a hand on her. Ever," I say.

"Aw, the big baby is sticking up for his girl. How cute," she says before walking away.

-

When I got home, I dropped onto the couch, thinking. I mean, I can survive with her in college. We'll just Skype and text everyday. That sounds like a plan... Unless shes busy with homework and college stuff," you alright Kian? How was your birthday?" Jc asks.