~ Chapter Seven ~

I smelt a musky, delicious scent in the air surrounding me. But the smell was fimiar amd made me feel safe. So I snuggled in closer to the source of the smell and selfishly breathed in the smell. I felt something tighten around my waist as I did and I was wide awake in seconds .

I was scared to open my eyes by the threats that could be there when I opened them. But very slowly I opened them. I looked down at the thing wrapped around me and found it was an arm. I followed the muscular arm up to find out who it belonged to. I look up to find it was James. I sighed with relief.

Then tried to sit up but my fingers were intertwined with his and his arm aroumd my waist so i stayed put. I would wait for James to get up. I layed there running my thumb over his knuckles. I looked up at him and saw how peaceful and innocent. His hair all over his face.

I lifted my free hand up a brush it out of his face. I ran my fingers down the side of his face. He stirred awake when I did so. His eyes fluttered open and looked down at me. He smiled widely and brought our intertwined fingers up to his lips. And kissed the top of my hand making me blush and his smile widen.

"Good morning beautiful" he said. I blushed and laughed at his comment. "I'm far from beautiful, james." I said looking away from him. He brought his free hand up to my face and took my chin in his fingers gently and made me look at him. "Your always beautiful in my eyes, sweetheart."

I could feel heat raise to my cheeks. "Don't say that James." I say with my head turned away from him. "Why not, angel? I meant it." said softly. I shook my head. I couldn't handle his sweet comments Because I knew they weren't true. Donnie told me what I really was.

"You're a worthless whore. No one will Ever love you. You're pathetic, ugly, worthless." he kicked me hard as I lay on the ground. "You're such a slut, but you're mine." He kicked me again with more force. Making me scream out in pain.

"You can't leave me. Your mine and always will be. No matter how much of a botch you are." venom dripping from every word he said. "you're pathetic,"- kick- "ugly," -kick- " worthless," -kick- " and your a cold-hearted bitch." he repeated over and over. With every kick I slowly believe every word he said.

Tears started falling from my eyes and I curled up into a ball I rocked myself back and forther repeating what I have learned as the truth. "I'm pathetic, ugly, worthless, and I'm a cold-heart bitch." I whispered to myself over and over again.

I felt James' arms around me. "No, Annabel. You're strong, beautiful, unique, and you have a gentle, nice, caring person." he put his hands on both sides of my head. "Why would you ever say that about yourself, angel?" I shudder in fear and cried harder just thinking about him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

James' P.O.V.

"shhhh,come here angel. It's ok I'm here now. Your safe now, I won't let anyone or anything hurt you." I whispered to her. I continued to whisper soothing words to her until she calm down. she body still shaky. Her breathing slowing down. " Are you ok, angel?" I asked, worried. She gently nodded her head. "Thank you." she whispered. "Anything for you, angel."

I smiled down at my broken angel. " Do you want to talk about it?" I asked cautiously to be careful of upsetting her again. She shook her head violently. I grabbed her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. "It's ok, Annabel. You don't have to tell me, but if you ever want to I'm all ears." I said trying to make her feel better. "Okay." she whispered.

I stood up and held a hand out for her to take. She took it and I pulled her up gently. "wanna go get breakfast?" I asked her. Her eyes seemed to lighten up immediately "yes, yes, yes!!" she squealed. I chuckled at her reaction and say, "Okay, i'll wait I'm the living room." And with that I walked out of her bedroom.

I sat on the couch and waited. I started thinking about why she would say that stuff about herself. And what exactly happened. I was so deep in thought I didn't here her come out of her room. And tap me on the shoulder. I yelped and jumped up off of the couch. " angel, you scared me." I said in a breathless voice. Her giggle was music to my ears.

"Where do you want to go, angel?" I asked. Her eyebrows scrunched together as she thought. "ummm, I don't care." she said. "ok I'll take you to my favorite diner then." I said with a smile. She smiled back at me. "Okay, that's sounds good." My smile widen and I took her hand and walk her to the door.

We were in the My red Chevy Silverado about to leave. "Do you mind if we stop at my house so I can change?" I asked. "No it's fine." she said. "Alright, well then lets go then." I pulle out of the driveway and started to drive down the road to go to my house.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Hey Guys, tell my whatcha think. give me ideas for what should happen next. comment plzzzz.
love ya, Kaylee