Sinking

It had been a few days since your German adventure. You didn't see Bucky after he left the hospital. He chose to escort the prisoners to thier new cells back in Wakanda.

He hadn't returned to the compound

He hadn't returned to the compound. During your run that morning Steve caught up with you.

"How's my favorite girl?" He teased.

You smiled. "Feeling strong," you replied.

"Great," he replied. "Then I'll see you at 8. Still owe me that date!" He yelled giving you a wink and then running out of sight.

Crap

Your brain couldn't process fast enough. Your last encounter with Bucky had opened the wound wider, but you hadn't heard anything from him. He was keeping his word. His resiliency.
************************************
Can I really do this?

You checked your phone again, not really caring about the time. Steve was always punctual, never left you waiting.

You knew what you were hoping to see. His name across your screen.

You blew out air when you heard Steve's knock.

You greeted him turning turning to grab your purse. He grabbed your hand, stopping you.

"Don't worry, you won't need it," he grinned.

You eyed him suspiciously.

He laughed. "Trust me," he said, nudging your hand.

"Okay," you say slowly following him down the hall and around the corner.

He stopped in front of his door. You gulped hard as he stood behind you covering your eyes.

He slowly led you inside. He walked a few paces before stopping. He lifted his hands, revealing a candle lit room with take out food on the table.

"I thought with everything you might want a date night in," he motioned you toward the table, pulling your chair out for you.

You chocked on air at the sight of the room

You chocked on air at the sight of the room. It was softly lit with a small bouquet of flowers on the table.

Steve poured you a glass of wine, signalling for you to eat.

"This is..," you hesitated, "Beautiful Steve."

Shit I can't do this anymore.

You gulped back the glass.

Steve laughed, "Rough day?"

"Oh yeah," you responded, letting him refill your glass.

As you sat together you dreaded the idea of telling him the truth. To know it would all be different after this.

As you ate you finished two more glasses. Trying to find courage wherever you could.

You laughed at his jokes and made conversation but inside you where spinning.

You took another sip.

Steve moved closer to you, his knees touching yours. He grabbed your hands. His hands were warm against yours.

Fuck.

He leaned in kissing you gently. His lips were soft and the wine flowing through you made you malleable to his light caresses.

You felt the room revolving and then lightheaded as he picked you up from the chair

You sighed as he leaned in harder and walked you over toward the bed.

Wait, I---

His mouth came down on yours again as he laid you down. Your body tingled from being untouched and your mind couldn't keep up.

You let his tongue touch yours as he deepened his kiss. His hands found the skin beneath your shirt.

Your whole body felt like it was sinking. With the room still spinning, you reached for him and into darkness you sank.