Phase 31

Rhett's PoV

The Day Before

I was sitting peacefully in my chair while signing papers. Well, you know the work of a CEO.

I have to finish this first before I can go spend time with my babe. I feel like I have been lacking in our relationship. You know, me not noticing her. Me not being able to greet her even a simple Good Morning Text and even ask how is she.

I am such a bad boyfriend.

I was in the middle of focusing when I got a sudden phone call. It was an unregistered number so I just declined it.

Who knows what the hell the other person on the line is thinking.

But, I did answer it on the second time it rang. I get easily irritated.

"Hello is this Mr. Rhett Navarro??" Bungad sa akin ng boses ng isang lalaki. Pamilyar ang boses nya.

"Yes, who are you??" Tanong ko naman.

"Oh, sorry I forgot to introduce myself I am Mr. Mercado secretary of Mr. Reyes your Attorney regarding your divorce and he assigned me to tell you the progress of the case"

Then it hit me. Kaya naman pala pamilyar ang boses nya.

"Fire" sabi ko naman sa kanya. Nang maalala ko ang sasabihin nya tungkol sa divorce papers ko.

"Okay, so sir we thought that  your wife-"

"She is not my wife" mariin kong putol sa mga susunod nya pang sasabihin.

"Noted sir. The last time we talked to her Atty. Reyes deduced that she is on the verge of giving up based also on their conversation.  But, yesterday when she was about to sign it. She had a sudden change of mind. She refused to sign it" sabi nya. I felt my blood boil. I wanted to get out of this marriage because I wanna stay with Fern now.

I wanna make her my wife. I want to settle down.

"Then, make her sign it" gigil na lintanya ko at saka pinutol ang linya.

I need a break

***

I am spending the afternoon at the coffee shop across my building. I am drinking coffee.

I am thinking of ways on how to get out of this fucking marriage. I don't love her. I am not emotionally intouched with her.

I thought my company needed help but it turns out. The company is just fine.

It was an impulsive act. I screwed up.

I was about to go when someone sat in the vacant chair infront of me.

"Hello there my husband"

"Stacy" I muttered. Humigpit ang hawak ko sa flask.

"Your one and only wife" her voice is getting into my nerves. I needed Fern right now, not her.

"Can you just fucking sign the divorce papers?! So you can go and fucking enjoy life or whatever you call this shit and be with your lover!" I half shouted half whispered.

She stilled looks like I hit a nerve there.

"He cheated on me with someone who's much younger and their relationship is illegal"

"So what do I have to do with that??" Sabi ko. I have this thick sarcasm on my voice.

"Ofcourse, hindi naman diba pwede na ako lang ang miserable. Kung tutuusin asawa kita. Dapat wala kang kinakalantari dyan sa tabi mo" sabi nya.