Chapter Two

Thank you to vverido for the lovely cover on the side! I love it (:

Homeroom actually wasn't that bad, to be honest. I didn't even talk to Kyle Posey, which isn't really that much of a surprise. He liked to make smartass remarks about everything that Mrs. Hart said, and that really got her nerves. It was hilarious watching her freak out about everything that Kyle Posey said, because she didn't know how to deal with hormonal teenage boys.

            She was a second grade teacher last year. This is her first year with teenage boys that are extremely perverted. Lucky her.

            So really, homeroom with Mrs. Hart and Kyle Posey was more interesting than it was embarrassing or terrible. Now I'm in Ms. Macy's second period language class, which is the first class that I have with Steven.

            Steven and I met in the eighth grade. I was in Mrs. Karlson's eighth grade class when Steven transferred in during the middle of the year. Very few kids transferred, so he was sort of a loner. He was cute, so naturally I talked to him. Before I knew it, we became great friends.

            We were always partners when we needed to be, and we always ate lunch together. Soon enough, I found out that he had a crush on me. We tried to be girlfriend and boyfriend, but since it was an eighth grade relationship, it didn't particularly work out. After I broke up with him, he hated me with a passion. He was rude to me, and he called me a bunch of names.

            In our first year of high school though, he cracked. It was in the middle of the year, and he couldn't stand me talking to other guys. (I had to find a new friend, and girls just didn't cut it for me. They were catty and always gossiped about the weirdest of things.) He finally decided to mend of broken friendship, and we became best friends again.

            Now we're eighteen and we're seniors. We're the best of friends, and he has his eyes set for another girl. He's a player, and he likes to flirt. It doesn't bother me though because we're don't like each other anymore.

            Sure, we flirt and we talk a lot, but we don't like each other like that. We haven't since the eighth grade.

            "Hey, buddy," Steven says as I drop my bag to the ground next to the table that we share.

            Ms. Macy is weird, and always has her students in pairs. We barely even do partner work, but she thinks that by placing us next to our friends, it will minimize talking via shouting across the room like we did as freshmans.

            I suppose she'd rather us talk quietly to each other, not understand the lesson, and fail than have us shout across the room and disrupt the class.

            Like I said, she's a weird teacher. She also says a lot of her words weirdly. It pisses me off, and Steven likes to make fun of me when I groan every time Ms. Macy says 'pitcher' instead of 'picture'. Also, for a language teacher, she's a shit speller.

            "Hey, Steven," I say, sitting down in my spot next to him. I pull out my books and place them on my desk, waiting for the lesson to begin.

            Steven gives me a small nudge with his shoulder. "How was homeroom?"

            He knows that I have this infatuation with Kyle Posey, and he knows that I share homeroom with him and so Steven always finds time to annoy me with that fact and ask question.

            "Like any other homeroom," I reply, biting on my nails a bit. I bite on my nails when I'm bored, and it's become quite a bad habit. My nails are always disgusting and nasty, but it's one of those bad habits that take willpower to break. I don't have willpower.