Chapter 30

Hyunsu and I are on the second day of raiding and attaching alarms and we finally reached the floor where everything started for the both of us.

14th floor.

"This feels nostalgic." Hyunsu muttered after he tied the string on the stairs.

We started on opening the rooms and got what we think can be used and eaten.

We've managed to fill half of our bags each.

When we reached Mr. Han's room, I paused.

"What is it?" Hyunsu looked at me.

"I was the last one to close this door when we left with the others. I thought that we won't be going back here anymore." I chuckled.

"And does mean bad?" he asked, looking at the closed door.

"I don't really know." I shrugged.

Ringing.

There was ringing.

But we didn't move.

We already knew who it is before we came here.

I opened the door and walked inside.

Everything looks the same. The desk of Mr. Han, his bed, his inventions, the table where we ate for the first time together, the contraption on the door, everything.

We decided to not open the bathroom but pay our respects to her.

Once we finished, we didn't look back when we closed the door.

Hyunsu went away to look at the staircase below to check for a sign that danger is coming.

My hands stayed on the doorknob.

I feel oddly sad and tired that I went back here in this room. I have nothing against Mr. Han at all, that man literally saved our asses but this room is where I realized that there's nothing left out there for us.

This will be the last time I'll go here.

I stepped away and looked at Hyunsu, he just got out of his apartment.

"Why didn't you call for me." I asked him, trying to peek inside his room but he closed it before I could.

"There's barely anything in there. Let's go to your place. I haven't been there before." Hyunsu stated and walked towards the door.

He tried opening it but since it was locked, he couldn't so he raised one of the hammers we found laying around and was about to smash the it open.

"What do you think you're doing?" I questioned him, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Opening the door." he said and was about to continue what he was about to do.

"Why would you do that when I could literally open it without making a lot of noise." I walked towards him and lowered the hammer.

"Huh?' Hyunsu looked utterly confused.

What am I going to do with you?

I inputted the passcode and entered my place, going straight to the fridge to salvage what was left edible.

"Right. Your unit so you know the password." Hyunsu whispered pointing at me then on the door.

I shook my head at him and continued rummaging.

Hyunsu walked around and opened the cabinets where I told him necessities could be found.

Once I was done with the fridge, I went towards my secret stash under my bed.