Chapter 10

Hyunsu knocked on the door and went inside quietly, spear in his hand. I followed after him and put the nunchucks around my neck.

We stood in his doorstep timidly. That encounter with the big eyeball has shaken me up most definitely and I can sometimes feel like gasping for air but I have to remind myself that it's gone and I won't be close to dying at the moment.

"I'm Han Dusik." the man said while sitting down

He's wearing a thin cap over his straw colored hair and a brown vest over a dirty blue green shirt.

He saved Hyunsu and I.

I have my mouth open in shock. It's because of what surrounded his room. Different hardware were scattered everywhere, wires on the table and a few weapons here and there.

This is a nice place for a few of my classmates who are maniacs when it comes to experimenting with new devices.

But the thought suddenly turned grim when I remembered that they won't be able to do that freely with these blood thirsty monsters roaming around the area, possibly the whole country.

And on that thought, why aren't the government doing something? Even though we're ways outside the city, we're still part of this nation.

Unless there's no government at all right now and how succumbed to the terrors that these monsters bring.

Monsters.

I am a monster as well.

But why do I feel different? I don't know how the woman I saw early in the morning complaining about a sudden nosebleed turned into a crazy monster.

I definitely don't feel any thirst for any kind of meat.

I just want a chance to live.

"And you are?" the man asked shortly after he spoke.

"I'm Bae Nara." I answered quietly.

I nudged Hyunsu's side when he didn't talk.

"I'm Cha Hyunsu." he said after a fidgeting for a while.

The man stared at us and a little longer at Hyunsu.

"A slow speaker." the man commented in an observing way.

"How... can we save the kids?" Hyunsu asked the man, stuttering for a bit.

The usual Hyunsu that I've seen for a few hours was gone, he's become shy and anxious around other people which isn't like him, not before his misfortunes anyway.

"What do you mean how? The both of you'll have to go." he said which made me confused.

I thought that he's coming with us.

Hyunsu must've looked puzzled because the man sighed and was reaching something behind the desk, or so I thought.

He wheeled, yes wheeled, himself into our view.

Wheelchair.

The man gestured to his legs, "Should I go?"

He's saved us while being unable to walk.

He's a what I call hero.

So that's why the cannon like weapon he used was using a crutch as a base and foundation of it. Really smart and resourceful.

I shook my head as my answer. Hyunsu and I will just put him in grave danger if we ask him to come with us.

"I used to be a legend in Cheonggyecheon." he said with a small smile.