SERENDIPITY ✴ 01

✴CHAPTER 1✴THE UNREACHABLE LOVER

CHAPTER 1
THE UNREACHABLE LOVER

✴✴✴

As the Earth spun, the once azure sky in our home planet slowly went darker until it turned into complete void; nothing but the clouds slowly moved by the wind.

One - by - one, the stars appeared with their bright light and were scattered in the empty dark sky as they lightened up the night. Constellations were formed for the voyagers to be guided as they sailed through the night.

The stars ruled the night as they danced around the evening sky joyously and talked merrily to each other.

Until someone came along in to the night as he slowly rose to meet them; however, he was not acknowledged by the stars.

He was completely different from them; a dark being that blended too well in the evening sky and had a scar on his right eye — the dark moon.

Whenever he was, the stars would look at him with their eyes full of judgement and fear as they mumbled to each other.

He knew that it was about him for being different and looked like a monster, who hungered for their star lights. He was unwelcomed.

The dark moon wanted to ignore it but words were like bullets that gave nothing but a sharp pain to the heart; a ton of bricks that brought down the esteem of oneself.

The dark moon looked at the stars as they danced with their partners with the smiles on their faces and some we're talking  with their fellowmen.

He sighed as he sat down on his cloud as he waited for the night to end. Loneliness and sadness filled in his heart and it was nothing new to him.

He snapped out of his reverie when he heard gasps. He looked up at the stars, who were in awe at someone and was certain that it was not him.

The dark moon followed their gazes and regretted his decision when he was blinded by a powerful golden light.

He quickly looked away as he hissed at the powerful light. He slowly glanced back and raised his hand to shade his squinted black soulless eyes as the brightness was dimming slightly until a figure  was shown.

At that moment, he felt the time stop and forgot to breathe. He could have sworn he saw one of the Creator's aesthetic angels; he was beautiful.

The golden light — still strongly bright surrounded his lithe figure. His curly blonde hair that had sparkles in it. His skin was a warm tone that made his blue eyes stand-out and reminded the dark moon of the beautiful azure sky but when he smiled, the dark moon saw his light grew brighter and his eyes closed — the sun, the ruler of the morning and the stars because the sun was a star himself. Moreover, his lover.

Unlike the stars, who wore extravagant clothes that shimmered and their bodied decorated with jewelries, the sun only wore a plain long sleeved shirt with matching  loose white pants and was only barefooted; just being simple.

The dark moon watched the sun talking to the stars with a kind smile and giggled at something funny that made the dark moon smile softly.

Suddenly, the sun's sky blue eyes landed on him; staring at his black soulless eyes. The dark moon's breath hitched.

The sun was surprised, at first but he smiled — making his cheeks full and rosy and the light around him became brighter — that made the other smiled slightly back at him.

When it was time for the night to end, the stars bowed at the sun before they left to the other side of the world. The dark moon sighed sadly and slowly followed them.

"Wait!" A voice exclaimed behind him.

It was high pitched that could hurt anyone's ears but somehow, it sounded beautiful.

The dark moon looked back as the cloud he sat on was slowly blown by the wind. His heart nearly jumped out of his throat when he saw the sun looked at him with happiness and longing.

"Hello, my love." The sun greeted with a soft smile and then, his thick plush lips formed into a frown. "How are you?" He asked.

The dark moon always questioned himself on why his heart would beat like crazy whenever the sun greeted him with a loving smile.

He was never treated with kindness by the stars who were with him at night and being treated kindly like the sun did, he would never get used to it.

"I am fine, Jimin." The dark moon replied with a small smile. "I am used to be an outcast."

"I wish I could comfort you right now, Yoongi." Jimin said in a soft voice. "I wish... I could reach you just to hold your hand."

Yoongi shook his head. "The stars will not like to see the sun, their King holding hands with someone like me." He said. "I do not want you to be dragged down with me." He said with a glare.

"You might get hurt by them, too because of me and I will not forgive myself." He looked down at his hands that was as gray as the ashes.

Tears started to form and rolled down from Jimin's sky blue eyes. Jimin felt his heart cracked when he heard his lover talking lowly of himself.

"Yoongi—" Jimin was then cut off by the dark moon. "No, Jimin, I do not want to get you hurt." Yoongi looked up with a sad smile. "It is better that you are unreachable so that you will be safe from me."

Jimin shook his head and sniffled. "Please, do not say that, Yoongi." He whimpered.

Yoongi felt the tears built up in his, soulless and blinked them away. The lump in his throat was formed and was hard to swallow to see the sun crying.

"I have to go now, the earth needs you." He said and bowed before he left to the other side of the world, leaving Jimin slowly knelt to his cloud and cried.

He looked up at where Yoongi went and whispered, "Just let me love you."

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Hey, guys! I hope you are all okay despite the pandemic going on. Stay safe and healthy!

Please give this book a vote and a comment for motivation. I hope you like it.

~MarshmallowSahnielle