Chapter 6

I don't care that the poison has stolen my movement or that the beating almost killed me, Jeri's revelation is urging me to faint again. The first time was bad enough. A second time would make it a tragedy. However, this will not unfold.

A splitting headache and a Glumut dart sticking out of shoulder will have to suffice, while light headedness and fluttering eyelids begging to fly away are a thing of the past. The only legacy that's left behind is my frozen limbs. It's annoying they can't attack the woman, who's supposed to be my Mother.

A pulp for a pulp does seem fair, though that doesn't make me any better than these monsters. Jovani is my true family. He's someone who I want to call my own. There's no way he can be as bad as Juanita and Vance Holland. My former parents deserve to be swept aside. 

 My speech was the turning point. The knowledge of my blood uncle has pointed me in the right direction and I've chosen to put it all into motion. But how do I reply in such in life altering event? I suppose it all comes down to the first thought that pops into my head.

"Wow! I guess I won't have to call you my Mother anymore", I say as my vocals cords strain with each syllable. Right now I must have the dopiest look on my face.

"Exactly, yah-you're free, says Jeri folding out his arms," I was uh going to telllllla you after the ceremony but umm you kno-ohw'. He drops his bottom lip tensing his neck muscles motioning towards Juanita.

Juanita replies by growling through clenched teeth. She's strewn up with anger and hatred knowing she can no longer control me. Her stomping and jumping on the stage proves it.

"This is impossible, simply impossible. Curse you Jude, curse you and the D'Angelo's.", she says shaking her fist.

"At last I've lived to see the day that you've finally come tumbling down. You were already a wreck now you're an utter disasterpiece," says Jaiden standing tall with his neck stretched high.

It must be a relief for him to also be able to say how he's truly felt all these years. I'm sure they've been times his wanted to smack her across her face. His large hands would sure leave a nice raw print.

"Quiet Jaiden! I let it go the first time round", says Violet.

The public is strictly the adult's domain. If a child were to utter a single word they could receive ten lashes for disobedience. Hence their passion speech is their first opportunity to speak publically without restraint. However, we don't officially become an adult until the day after Blaze.

"Yeah shut it kid!", chimes in Juanita. She talks to him as if that were me. The cravings must be starting to takeover.

"Don't you dare talk to my son. This is my matter to deal with. You couldn't gain the respect of yours, so what makes you think you can do any good here?" Violet ends her sentence with pouted lips. It causes Juanita to fold her eyes and shudder.

"Urgh just you wait Violet. I have no doubt that Jude's poor excuse of a relative will help send you packing to the Exterior."

Violet wipes her hand down her face. It's followed wiith a set of raised eyeybrows. "You really have no idea what he is capable of."

"Enough you insolent women!", says Carbone pushing the two women aside. "It's bad enough having fickle-skin waste the daylight of today. If wasn't for you two we'd probably be on the tenth debutant by now."

"Buh-Buh But", says Juanita.

"Silence!, he says crushing his hands together. They reveal the whites of his knuckles. "Don't say another word or I'll personally hang you."