21. The First Student Attacked

(Y/N)'s POV

The four of them stood in the Hospital Wing. Harry and Ron were covered by a sheet as Ron helped Harry get dressed into pyjamas. Hermione obviously was not permitted to enter and (Y/N) chose not to help as he paced back and forth in anger.

"Lockhart has got to be the most useless teacher we've ever had!" said (Y/N) as he stopped to grip the railing at the end of a bed. "That man goes on and on about all his 'great achievements' but can't even do a simple healing spell!"

"They were great things (Y/N)!" said Hermione as she raised her voice in half hearted anger. "He just —"

"Just what, Hermione?" asked (Y/N) as his fingers tightened around the railing. "How can you possibly defend that obvious joke of a wizard?"

"Have you ever read his books? shouted Hermione in a squeaky voice.

"Have you?" said (Y/N) as he released the railing and walked back to his three friends. "How can you read those books nearly everyday, memorise half the words and chapters and still believe that man is who he says he his? Maybe it's just your schoolgirl crush on him but who knows!"

"What in the world do you mean by that?" shrieked Hermione.

"Are you serious? You practically swoon every time that man looks in your general direction!" said (Y/N) in an exasperated tone.

"Not that! You're completely wrong anyway! I meant the thing about you thinking he's not who he says he is!"

"Oh, maybe I meant the very obvious fact that he's a fraud! An obvious fuc —"

"Now what were you trying to say, (Y/N)?" said Pomfrey in a dangerously sweet tone as she carried remedies over. "If you think that kind of language is acceptable in here, you're wrong. I think I'll ask you to leave, this shouting and screaming can not be good for Mr Potter."

Harry protested from behind his sheet but (Y/N) was already on his way out of the room. He shoved the doors open and charged through the corridors. He made his way to a specific office, the office of Gilderoy Lockhart.

He might as well have torn the door off it's hinges as he barged his way into Lockhart's office. (Y/N) saw the blond-haired, blue-eyed man sitting at his desk and his eyes widen as (Y/N) went on a rampage.

"YOU HAVE TO BE THE MOST INCOMPETENT WIZARD I HAVE EVER MET!" bellowed out (Y/N), paving back and forth in anger. "BRACKIUM EMENDO! BRACKIUM EMENDO IS A SPELL I CAST SUCCESSFULLY IN FIRST YEAR BUT A GROWN WIZARD CAN'T!"

(Y/N) slammed his fist into Lockhart's desk. The wood cracked and splintered as Lockhart gasped and almost fell back on his chair. "IF THERE'S ONE THING I CAN PROMISE YOU! IT'S THAT YOU WON'T TEACH HERE AGAIN BECAUSE I'M GETTING YOU FIRED! AFTER THE PIXIES, ALL THE IRRELEVANT WORK AND EGOTISTICAL TESTS!"

(Y/N) rose his fist from the large dent in Lockhart's desk and revealed his bruised and slightly bloodied knuckles. He stuck his finger out and pointed at Lockhart. "DUMBLEDORE DEFINITELY WON'T LET YOU STAY ONCE I TELL HIM ABOUT ALL THOSE THINGS!"

(Y/N) curled his hand back into a fist and he put it back down to his side. He breathed heavily as he looked at the terrified Lockhart.

"Did I hear my name?" called out the voice of Dumbledore.

(Y/N) felt a hand on his shoulder and all the anger he felt. It began to melt away, even it was fading slowly, it still made the heavy breathing and furious (Y/N) calm down until he just stared down Lockhart quietly.

"I came to speak to you Gilderoy but I think I have a more pressing matter on my hands right now," said Dumbledore. He patted (Y/N)'s slowly before he spoke again. "I think that you should follow me (Y/N)."