Chapter 1

I couldn't believe my own eyes.

Bars laid in front of me while I got thrown into a cellar. I had been sold to the imperial family. I could still see the wicked smiled my father had left me while I was being taken away. He knew what he had done. And he didn't regret it.

My mother was a different story. Her situation was unfortunate, but she managed to buy herself a noble title. Hoping to marry someone rich for the sake of her and her families future. But she got my bum father instead. He never truly loved her. I learned that by the age of three. When she died of illness.

My father never truly loved me either. His actions proved that. He was a greedy no good lord who only yearned for money. He was sure greedy enough to commit adultery while my mother was still alive. From there on, I ignored him. I believed that was what he wanted too. I never sought for a parental fugue in my life because I had been independent from the start. I only spoke to him when I was spoken to. He never wanted to talk to me anyway.

Prior to my capture, I hadn't a care in the world. I was fine on my own. Without the attention of no one. But had hopes and dreams that only belonged in the books my eyes set themselves on.

I was scared. I didn't know where I was. The only information I knew of was that I belonged to the imperial family. No thanks to my father. What would they want with me? I was just a mere lord's only daughter. The supposed heiress to the house of Azon. I didn't crave for the title, but I at least knew I would fit the seat of our house better then my father did.

"Uhg. I hate this." I heard someone approaching my cell only a few minutes after I was thrown in. Yes, I believe I do quite hate it too. My eyes quickly scanned over the hallway in front of my cell. Waiting for the person to show up to at least explain what I was doing here.

He spoke to a few of the guards on the way down. Perhaps it wasn't my cell he was approaching. I held onto the cloth of my poor, ripped dress and I silently prayed that I would have the will to survive if I would be just left down here. I hadn't committed any crimes.

"How does anyone have the gut to sell their own daughter? I hate those kinds of people." He was talking about me. I looked up and noticed him right away. His messy black hair and his soft amber eyes. The first prince of the king. My mouth fell ajar. Why was he in a disguising place such as this?

"Y-Your Highness?!" I questioned. My place on the floor. My expression only widened when it sank in that it was indeed the first prince.

"Rise." He placed his hands on his hips. He was used to this. Of course, he was. He waited for me to stand up and gave a brief glance over to his guard.

I did as I was told and stood. Shaking in my place. Sure, we were the same age but he had much higher authority. I didn't dare speak out of place. My mouth that was slightly open snapped shut once I remembered my manners.

"Do you know why you're here?" he asked looking down at me. He was tall for his age, but I had no qualms with looking up to see him.

"No sir." I looked him in the eyes as a sign of respect. Though, I found no need to bow, seeing as I was in the cell and as far as I knew, he was the one who put me here. Sure,

The prince suddenly began to laugh. "Wow, today just keeps on getting worse for you huh?" He didn't seem to notice my lack of respect so he took no offense. his lighthearted mood took me by surprise. How is he laughing in front of the cellar?

I only nodded shyly.

"Kou, does she look dangerous enough to be put into a cell? Her dress is ripped for heaven's sake. She came with no interruptions right? This is quite rude." The prince crossed his arms and tapped his foot on the ground. Waiting for an explanation from his knight.