9.

Chicago, ILWednesday July 14, 20218:24 p

Chicago, IL
Wednesday
July 14, 2021
8:24 p.m.

Naamah Briar.

"Stop you play too much," Naa mumbles speaking to Von as he sat next to her as he was attempting to snatch her fries from her plate, Naa hated when people played with her food.

"You stole my shit the other day," Von recalled, "but now it's a problem?" He questioned with a smug look appearing over his face. Naa's eyes widened and she pushed his hand away as she carried on eating at her fries. In the midst of doing so her phone suddenly buzzed on the table and she looked to the screen seeing it was her mother yet again. She ignored it bringing her drink to her lips taking a few sips of the crisp Sprite.

"Damn, ya shit been ringing all day and you ain't answered it not once," Von suggested trying to hide the jealousy in his voice but Naa could already smell it. She smelled it from him when they were walking through the mall the day before and a group of guys couldn't keep their eyes off her. Von only pulled her closer making direct eye contact with of the men, basically warning them she was all his.

"It's my mom," she replied nonchalantly shrugging her shoulders pushing a crinkle cut fry in her mouth.

Von let his eyes roll, he knew all too well there was no way it could've been her mother calling her that many times in a day. "You don't gotta lie to me," he insists letting the frustration appear over his face.

Naamah looked up from her food, "I'm not."

"I gotta go to the stu," Von says looking down at his glowing screen reading over the time, standing to his feet.

Naa could sense something was now off with his attitude, "do you still want me to come with you?"

"Nah you straight," he replied.

Naa's excitement for the studio was now gone out the window, all she thought about the entire day was wanting to watch Von be in his zone but now he didn't even want her there and she wasn't really too sure why. She had a hard time reading men's other emotions unless they dealt with jealousy or lust. She didn't know what this new one was coming from him but it made her stomach turn and left a really bad taste in her mouth. "Dayvon," she called out as he was making his way towards the door.

He stopped in his tracks at the door and she trailed behind him, "what's wrong with you?" She wondered.

"Nothin' I'm good fasho, lock up.." He replied not bothering to look at her and exited the door, shutting it behind him leaving Naamah to stand there unsure what to even think.