Chapter 44: Jonghyun Is The One

SHINee had returned from a successful Asia Song Festival held in Tokyo. They were surprised when they saw me standing in front of them, smiling. Onew, Minho, Taemin, and Key embraced me. Then Jonghyun slowly walked towards me, smiled, and hugged me so tightly. “I miss you,” he said.

“Jonghyun, can we talk? I have something important to tell you.”

“Okay. We can talk at my house, if that’s alright with you.”

“That’s alright with me.”

The rest of SHINee members went home to take some rest. Jonghyun and I had arrived in his house. We saw his younger sister watching TV. We’re surprised that his parents were here. It’s my first time to meet them in person. Jonghyun hugged them and introduced me in Korean that I’m his girlfriend. “Annyeong,” I politely greeted. They both smiled at me. His mother said, “It’s our pleasure to meet our son’s girlfriend.” “You’re very welcome at our home. You can visit us anytime,” his father grinningly told me. Jonghyun whispered, “It seems that they liked you.” I nodded at Jonghyun and smiled at his parents, “Kamsahamnida!” “Ma, Pa, we’re going upstairs. She has something important to tell me,” Jonghyun said. His parents agreed.

We entered in his room. Jonghyun asked “So what are we going to talk about?”

“But first, please don’t get mad at me. It’s about my career,” I immediately answered.

“Go on. Tell me.”

“I’m here to stay for good. Actually, I didn’t renew my contract in SM Entertainment-USA.”

Jonghyun was shocked and sadly asked why.

I honestly replied with tears, “I’m contented on what I had been achieved for these past years. I’ve earned a lot of money so much. I want to go home in Manila to be with my father. I want to study culinary arts. I want to live a simple life outside the camera. I WANT TO BE WITH YOU FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!”

“Oh, Eunkyo…” Jonghyun cried and suddenly hugged me very tightly.

 I whispered, “I love you.”

“I love you too,” he kissed my forehead. He touched my face and kissed me fully on the lips. I closed my eyes as he turned off the light. Our kisses had deepened until we got undressed and lied down on his bed. I felt our bodies molding together as our lips became entwined.

Next morning, I got up early and smiled at the guy sleeping beside me. I dressed up and went downstairs to ask his mother if I can use their kitchen. I saw her and greeted me, “Good morning! You can use the kitchen if you want to cook breakfast. Don’t worry, we had already eaten.” I nodded and thanked them. I made 2 cups of creamy hot coffee with a pinch of cinnamon powder. I also cooked 4 pieces medium-sized hotcakes. I served two pieces on each squared plate with maple syrup and garnished with sliced strawberries on top.

I went upstairs to serve Jonghyun a special breakfast-on-bed. I opened the door and saw him still lying on bed but his eyes opened, “Good morning! A special breakfast is ready.”

“Thank you. You made this?” he asked. I nodded, “Let’s eat.”

“I support on whatever decision you had made as long as you’re happy,” he said with a sweet smile.

We went to SM Entertainment building. Jonghyun with Taemin, Key, Minho, and Onew proceeded to studio to record new song for the group’s upcoming album while BoA accompanied me to a room.

We entered the room and noticed that Jessica and Krystal were waiting inside. I saw a light pink envelope above that big rectangular box in front of them. “These are for you,” Jessica said. I was curious of what’s really happening. Krystal whispered, “It’s a secret. Just read that letter and follow what it has written.”