Chapter 34: My Dinner Conversation with Mr. Lee & Mr. Kim

I arrived in Singapore few days after the wrap-up party for a series of press conferences and promotions of the series. I thanked the fans for their overwhelming support. I said the reason why the other cast didn’t attend. Then I visited other seven cities in Asia: Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Manila, Taipei, Tokyo, and Seoul.

When I went to Seoul, the founder of SM Entertainment-Korea Lee Soo-man and its CEO Kim Young-min invited me for a dinner. I was very nervous to meet them. As I arrived in the management’s building, I was surprised with I had seen: a big picture with 10 girls and I was one of them. But I’d rather asked my PA, “Look! One of those members looks like me. Do you know who she is?”

“That’s Jung Eunkyo. But she died because of the plane accident two years ago,” my PA replied.

I suddenly reacted on what she had just answered, “You know, her name is very familiar. Oh! I remember. Kim Jonghyun of SHINee mentioned it. And she had died because of that plane accident too just like what happened to me exactly two years ago?”

My PA responded, “Maybe.”

I entered the room. I saw Mr. Lee and Mr. Kim inside, waiting for me.

“Good evening,” I smilingly greeted them.

Mr. Lee said, “Have a seat.”

“Thank you. I have a question to ask you. Who was that girl who died because of that plane accident? She exactly looked like me.” 

Mr. Kim answered, “Her name is Jung Eunkyo. She was the tenth member of famous girl group Girls’ Generation. She died because her plane crashed in USA.”

“Is she my twin sister?”

“No. But we believed that she’s you.”

“Huh? But you must be wrong. I can’t remember anything about myself and even my past.”

“We’ll gonna prove it first by waiting for you to remember them. We will apologize to you if we’re wrong.”

“Uh, by the way, why does Kim Jonghyun of SHINee know me?”

“It’s because he was your boyfriend… I mean, Eunkyo’s boyfriend.”

“Oh…”

We finished our dinner conversation in an hour. I thanked Mr. Kim and Mr. Lee. As I went out from the room, I suddenly bumped Jonghyun, “Sorry for that…”

“It’s alright. Eunkyo… I mean, Koreen, can we talk for a moment? We must talk at my house and not here.”

I had no choice but to agree. He drove his car. We arrived at his house for 10 minutes.

We entered his house. It was very neat and simple.

“JONGHYUN OPPA!!!”

A little girl went downstairs. She embraced Jonghyun and he kissed her cheek.

“Oppa?” I asked him.

He replied, “Yes. She’s my younger sister.”

“Oppa, she’s so familiar. Yeah… I’ve seen her on TV! She’s Koreen Young!”

She ran towards me and hugged me. She said, “You know you’re my idol.” I thanked her. Then I smiled at Jonghyun.