54 | The World To Aaliyah

•Aaliyah

What would've happened if roses weren't red and violet's weren't blue? Maybe things would've been so much more different, including you.

If there were less evil people to account for the masses, maybe, the world would've been a better place.

That rhymed a lot more than I anticipated it to be but it's deeper than you could ever think.

You could be a rose and I a violet but the only thing that differentiates us as human beings is what we have in our hearts.

So be kind and even your act of kindness can be used to account for the masses.

~Fari.

This was an excerpt from 'Aaliyah to the world'. He must've read it. But wait, was this his Trump card?

Was he trying to get me to have mercy on him?

He must be crazy then. Now he was wants to play the victim and make feel bad.

Reverse psychology doesn't work on this lady here!

Could it be that not all love stories were great enough to withstand the trivialities of this life?

Crashes, tumbles, breaks and do overs. But others were able to survive so what did Hamza and I do to deserve all the problems in our lives?

I have no answer, he's as clueless as I am and together we formed the most broken dynamic duo of the century. A joke to Romeo and Juliet.

For a few moments I want to forget as today is my day. My dream came true.

After almost 5 months of writing I gave birth to 'Aaliyah to the World'.

What can say? Junaid's death dealt me a mighty blow but I was able to rise up and be productive.

This book was written as an autobiography but released as a novel and it shall be revealed today. Story of my life, story of my pending death...

It was a miracle that it was good enough to hit anyone's book store.

Today I was invited on a talk show called 'Arewa Smarts' which was to be aired on Arewa 24 at exactly 18:00PM and I wouldn't wish for any of my family members to miss this moment with me.

Hamza was supposed to be here to support me but he was nowhere to be found. He left the house this morning and since then I hadn't heard from him.

Uncle Hakeem and Aunty Asmau were all the way in Santorini but they promised to watch it on YouTube.

This is going to be my first interview since the one I was invited to two years ago after I published my first poem anthology in Dubai.

"Sannun ku da dawowa wannan sabon shirin Arewa smarts. Ni ce taku Afnan Jibril kuma tare da ni..." She smiles at me, "Hajiya Aaliyah Mujib Mamman. Ita ce ta rubuta wani littafi mai suna 'Aaliyah to the World'. Na ga shine matasan yanzu suke yawan karantawa."

"Hajiya Aaliyah please introduce yourself then tell us about the book."

"Hello. Good evening everyone. I'm Aaliyah Mujib Mamman, the writer of Aaliyah to the world. There's not much about me. I'm obsessed with reading novels and for a while I got bored then I decided to write my own. It was initially written as an autobiography but later on I decided to turn it into a novel."

"Wow, that's interesting!  But I know that can't be all. Tell us more. Your age, are you single or married? How many kids do you have?"

I don't want to talk about Junaid!