23 | Dinner Crashers

Hamza

"You're the worst honestly!" I said with my eyes focused on the road.

"I was only helping her. You said you've changed but I know you're lying. Do you know that she knows Fauziya? If she even knows what you did she'll hate you entirely."

Fauziya is one of Yusra's friends I befriended at a point in my life. I think at that time Yusra was in her first year while I was in my third year. She would always have sleepovers with Fauziya once every two weeks during the two months holiday we were given.

One night I came into the kitchen in the middle of the night to find something to munch on during my movie marathon then I stumbled upon a crying Fauziya.

She told me that her parents had forced her to study a course she didn't want to and now that she's failing, they're blaiming her without listening to her side of the story.

We connected in a way because I was also forced to study the course I had studied just that I managed to pass with good grades.

I advised her to speak to them and try convincing them or study harder to see if her grades would improve. She thanked me and we started talking about other things then she brought up her ex who she missed but had to part ways with because she cheated on him.

From consoling her to showing her funny videos on my phone, we ended up kissing and things that weren't supposed to happen happened.

She caught feelings after a week of talking non-stop and pretending nothing happened. We took it as a mistake and decided to forget.

She came back another night for her regular sleepovers. This particular night she snuck out of Yusra's room and came to mine. She didn't have to knock because we were on a close friends basis now.

I felt someone hug me in my sleep and again we did something we weren't supposed to do and even went further than the regular make out sessions we held.

She said she loved me in the heat of everything and I said I did too. The next day she assumed we were officially a couple.

When I came downstairs, I met her and Yusra gossiping then she ran towards me and hugged me.

After that she hits me with a 'Yusra knows'. At first I was confused but then bits of the previous night started to come back to me and I'd never regretted doing anything more irrational.

I wait for Yusra's explosive reaction but all she does is smile. I feared she'd blow it out of proportion and it'd reach our parents but she surprised me with an unusual comment, 'be careful'. Yusra had no idea that I knew her guilty pleasure. I don't know why she does it but I see she doesn't want to stop. Maybe she knew that I knew so she was trying to keep me at bay.

Who knows?

I know there's never a good ending for someone who chases men for money. You have a father that provides everything you'd need and want so why? I ignored the thought and tried to figure out how I would  face my problem.

I started hiding from Fauziya since after that day. Until she snuck into my room one night to tell me that she was pregnant.

Out of anger, I pushed her and she fell on the floor, hitting her head on the wooden leg of my vanity. I tried to help her up but she pushed me and ran out of the room, limping with her hands on her slightly bleeding forehead. Thankfully, my parents were both gone for the whole month so only me, Yusra and Zahra were in the house while Fadila was at Aunty Balaraba's house.

Since that day, I decided to get help for my anger issues and promised myself to never hurt a woman in my life ever again.

Weeks later, she fell ill and I heard she lost the baby and also isn't friends with Yusra again.