03 | Sebastian Shaw

CHAPTER 3: Sebastian Shaw

1962

After my talk with Charles in the hallway I went back to Raven and the other mutants who are now in a different room while other other one is being repaired, I would've stayed with Charles to learn more about my mutation but he had to leave to chase a lead on Shaw in Russia.

As I walk into the room Raven comes up to me, still looking down about what Charles said. 

"Raven, you need to stop beating yourself up about it." I try to help. "He's just really stressed and under a lot of pressure at the moment."

"I'm sure he is." Raven replies not sounding convinced.

I look around the room, Alex and Darwin are playing on the pinball machine and everyone else is sitting on the couches talking. A very different atmosphere coating the air then an hour ago.

I sit down on one of the chairs and continue to read The Fellowship Of The Ring, which I was still holding on to from earlier.

I am immersed in my reading, oblivious to the normal world until two men in black suits, CIA agents, turn up at the window of the room we're in. 

"Oh, I didn't know the circus was in town" One of the men taunts, "Come on, honey. Give us a little, uh" he continues, talking to Angel while imitating fluttering sounds and waving his hands like wings.

"No?" he questions after no one moves. "Come on, Let's see the foot." he taunts Hank "There it is. Come on, Bigfoot, let's go." He says after Hank stands up walking over to them.

"Hey. Hey, come on." he complains as Hank clicks the button that closes the blinds on the window.

Angel sighs obviously affected by their taunts.

"They're just guys being stupid." Raven tries to make her feel better.

"Guys being stupid I can handle. Okay? I've handled that my whole life. But I'd rather a bunch of guys stare at me with my clothes off than the way these ones stare at me" Angel replied annoyed.

"At us." I butt into the conversation.

After that encounter everyone just kind of sits there in silence, and I discard my book on the table knowing that we all just need some comfort at the moment.

Suddenly a distant thump is heard, another following soon after.

"What was that?" Darwin asks, speaking up. 

His question was followed by more thumps.

"I don't know. Something doesn't feel right." I reply getting up and opening the blinds on the window.

Everyone follows me and soon we are all standing looking out of the window for the source of the thuds.

"What is that?" Darwin says concerned when we see a red man appear in the sky holding onto an agent.

Suddenly the red man disappears and we all jump back and Raven screams as the agent falls to the ground. dead.

Well. At least we know what the source of the thudding was. Bodies hitting the ground. 

Now is not the time for your dark sarcastic comments Monique! I scold myself in my mind.

For some odd reason my coping mechanism for scary or stressful things has always been sarcastic comments. 

Anyway, back to the red man who was currently teleporting around the courtyard place and killing all the agents.

"Get back! Get back! Do not leave that room! We're under attack!" An agent warns as if we hadn't already seen all the dead bodies scattered around and the red devil dude.