Chapter Six

ZUKO had finally caved into Azula's wishes and kept her birthday a family affair. Kiyi had been disappointed until Zuko had promised her the second biggest slice of cake. Then she was running around bragging about that. Zuko chuckled as he walked past her in the hall, telling Uncle Iroh all about her excitement.

Iroh had returned from Ba Sing Se for a couple of weeks. He brought a present that he had first checked with Zuko to make sure his niece would enjoy. It wasn't anything much, just some makeup and a hair comb, but Zuko had been relatively sure it was a safe bet. If there was anything Azula liked, it was her makeup and her hair.

While she had no interest in coming, Ty Lee had sent a gift along. The Kyoshi Warrior was still afraid of her ex-best friend, and didn't want to upset her. But she had seen an armband that reminded her of Azula, and couldn't resist purchasing it. She had told Kiyi to give it to Azula, and pretend that it was from her. Kiyi was taking this "mission" very seriously.

Zuko kept walking until he arrived at his intended location. The red door had gorgeous painting in gold of flowers and a mountain. He knocked three times; an old habit. Ursa opened the door, smiling. "Yes, Zuko?"

"Have you seen Azula? She's not in her room."

Ursa shook her head. "I haven't. Do you want me to-"

"Nah, it's ok. I'll go find her."

"Alright. Come get me if you need me."

Zuko nodded. "Oh! Dinner is in two hours!"

"Thank you for the heads up."

"No problem." Zuko started on again, heading back down the hall. He had an idea of where to find his sister. After about five minutes of walking, he arrived at the curtained area. A servant duo quickly pulled back the curtains for him. Sure enough, there was Azula, training with the equipment. He walked over to her.

"I hate to interrupt," He interrupted. "But dinner is in two hours. You might want to start getting ready."

"What? Sweaty and exhausted not the look you want me going for?" She wiped her forehead.

"That and you coming to a formal dinner in training clothes would probably be scandalous."

The two siblings laughed. Getting along was weird to the both of them, but... not entirely unpleasant. "What if I put my robe on over them?" Azula asked, raising her brow.

"It would be less rumor-starting than you showing up in your current ensemble." His voice tilted upwards as he mocked the gossipers. "'Does Fire Princess Azula have something going on with a guard?! Find out on page sixteen!"

Both laughed.

"Never in a million years," Azula rolled her eyes. "Would I go out with a peasant."

"Of course not. But please bathe and change clothes for dinner anyway."

Azula gave him a mock bow. "Anything you wish, Fire Lord Zuzu."

He smacked her in the back of the head.

She laughed, slipping on her robes and heading back to her bed chambers.

Zuko rolled his eyes, a smile playing on his face. Azula wasn't being sent back to the institution. At least, not yet.

-•-

Dinner time came faster than Zuko expected. He took his seat at the head of the table. Azula, as the Crown Princess, sat at his right, with Uncle Iroh next to her. The rest of their family- Ursa, Kiyi, and Ikem- sat on Zuko's left.