CHAPTER 17

Kriti's POV

After getting ready I headed back downstairs where I saw the trio enjoying their pancakes. I saw my stack and ran towards it wolfing it down, as though I had not eaten a meal for months. The three looked at me, amused by my behavior.

'What, it delicious' I said, but sounded more like bot its bilicious. They just grinned and continued eating. After the meal we decided to play addition sequence since it was a board game, and it would also help the kids to unconsciously study. It worked well and all of us enjoyed a lot.

Then we had our lunch, where the kids fussed about eating healthy food but I handled them with Mr. Idiot help.

A while later, the four of us were watching a movie when the bell rang. I walked over to open it, only to see a man standing there. He looked Mr. Idiot's age. I smiled politely and then asked him my question.

'How can I help you?' I asked.

'I see Sid hasn't told you about me bhabhi. I am his best friend, Rehan Kapoor. Just wanted to meet him since I was missing him-' he was cut off by Mr. Idiot.

'Who is it wifey?' he asked as he walked towards us. I blushed a little at wifey but chastised myself about it composing myself.

'Rehan, my buddy, how are you? how have you been? how come you finally remembered me?' he asked. They did the weird boy handshake thing, before hugging each other.

'You've forgotten your best friends since your wedding so we thought of coming and meeting you' he replied easily.

'We, you mean-' Mr. Idiot was a little shocked.

'Honey, I am home' some voice said.

'Oh no, oh no, no no no' Mr. Idiot said dramatically.

'Who is it?' I asked.

'You didn't Bhabhi about me, very bad, I hate you' the voice said before a man who looked as old as Rehan bhai and Mr. Idiot came into view.

'Hi Bhabhi, I am not talking to your husband since he didn't believe we were important enough for him to tell you about us, but anyways, I am Dhruv Bakshi' he said. He looked at me with a smile that was contagious, I couldn't help but smile back.

'Wait, Dhruv Bakshi as in, your the cousin Dev keeps talking about so much' I asked and he nodded.

'And I guess, you are the princess he keeps telling the whole family about' I nodded with a grin.

'Such a small world' Rehan commented.

'Okay, why don't we go inside and talk, don't keep standing at the door' I said welcoming them inside.

Once the kids saw them, they turned off the television and ran to hug them.

'Rehan chachu, Dhruv chachu' they shouted hugging them tight. The four of them started talking animatedly and I stood at a corner a little confused about how they knew each other so well. I suddenly felt someone's breath near my neck.

'Why are you standing here looking so confused' Mr. Idiot asked. I relaxed slightly realizing it was him.

'How do the kids know them so well? Also, I don't recall seeing them at the wedding' I voiced out my thoughts.

'To answer your first question, we're like family, they used be lazing around here practically all the time. They have their own rooms here too. About the second question, they didn't want me to marry Krishi, apparently they knew some secret of hers that nobody else knew. I didn't agree, obviously and our friendship took a hit. After you and I got married, both of them messaged me about how happy they were that I didn't marry Krishi. After that, I apologized to them for not believing them over her and our friendship slowly returned to normal, but both of them were still in London handling business there for a couple of months, so you got to meet them only today' he explained.

'I see, have you ever tried finding out why they were asking you not to marry di, they may know some secret, or the reason she ran away' I asked curiously.

'I don't want to discuss her now' he said curtly.

'Fine, we will discuss this later, this conversation is NOT over' I said walking to Mr. Idiot's best friends.

'Hey, do you'll want to eat or drink something?' I asked.

'Bhabhi, don't be so formal, we are not guests, we'll ask you if we want anything' Rehan said.

'Exactly Bhabhi, hume bahaar waale na samjho' Dhruv said dramatically. (don't think of us as outsiders)

'Itna drama mat kar, log pagal samajhenge' Mr.Idiot said. (People will think you're crazy if you overact so much)

'Fine, then tell me when you guys are hungry, and for now we are all going to go sit in the back yard since the kids are going in the pool now' I said. The kids jumped happily and the adults nodded obediently.

'Alright kids, let's get you'll changed' I said. They ran over to me and dragged me to their room.

'Mr. Idiot, you better get changed too, since they will need an adult with them and I am not getting in today' I yelled as they dragged me along.

I heard an okay, and some laughs, probably his friends laughing at what I call him.

Hey guys, this chapter was getting too long, so I have divided it into two parts, will post the other part tomorrow.

So anyways, I hope you guys like this update. If you did, please do vote, comment and share

Your comments motivate a lot, and always make my day.

Love you guys!!!