57

Please feel free to correct my writings! :)

Let me sleep
I am tired of my grief
And I would like you
To love me, to love me, to love me

Winter Aid - The Wisp Sings

___________________

Kana flutter opens his doe eyes as his conscious mind comes back from the dreamland. This is the second time he had woken up throughout the night. Not bad, only twice in a span of 4 to 5 hours is already an achievement. Kana let out a soft whimper and buries his beautiful face to the fluffy brown hair, inhaling the familiar sandalwood shampoo scent of the older. His slender fingers unconsciously stroke the locks affectionately, taming the strands that are sticking out messily. The gentle gesture is making the owner of the silky locks snuggle closer. The adonis tighten his embrace and buries his handsome face deeper into the younger's chest. His content humming yet sleepy voice is muffled by the lack of a gap between them.

Then suddenly, the older's phone rings, making the owner of that damn noisy object groans and grab his dandelion's hands to close his exposed ear. Kana chuckles but doesn't say anything since the sunlight is not even seeping into the bedroom yet. But it seems the caller is persistent because the phone kept on ringing even after the adonis ignore it for so long. Sam finally groans angrily and pulls away from the warm embrace. He rolls towards the nightstand to grab his phone. The adonis sits up and answers, ready to spit fire to the other line, "WHAT?!"

Kana soon follows as he comes closer and rubs the older's shoulder, trying to silently calm the latter down. He pities the caller for getting the older's wrath so early in the day. But then again, the caller is so inconsiderate for calling Sam in the early dawn.

The younger feels the older's body tense up after hearing the frantic voice from the other line. The caller seems to be upset about something. Sam let out a sigh and reassure the person on the other line. His baritone voice turns softer, "Calm down... are you sure?... Ok... Just continue what you're doing and I'll take care of this, alright?... Yes, don't worry... Ok, I'll tell him. Thank you for the news."

Once the call ended, the adonis turns his gaze to the dandelion with a concerning look, making Kana confusedly tilts his head. Sam finally share the information, "Vin is in the hospital. Someone ...stabbed him."

The dandelion's breath stop as his eyes wavers. The high-pitched ring starts to deafen his sense of hearing. The younger immediately goes out of bed and runs out of the bedroom. Sam soon follows, trying to chase the panicking Kana while calling for him, "Babe!"

Kana's long legs automatically stride faster as his doe eyes now go wide. He takes 2 to 3 steps to descend the stairs, not caring how dangerous it is for him. He tripped at the last few steps, making his right ankle bent awkwardly as his body falls hard to the carpeted floor. Sam's baritone voice from upstairs shouts in panic, "Kana!"

But the younger immediately stands up and limping towards the front door, ignoring the pain on his knees and right ankle. Before he can open the front door, a veiny hand grab his waist, colliding his tense body to the latter. The other pale hand envelopes his hand on the doorknob. The palm gently rubs his knuckles as the baritone voice brings back his consciousness, "Calm down, Kana. He's fine. There's nothing to worry about."

"But, Vin-"

"Baby, Bri- Shane told me that Vin is already in a stable state and currently resting. The operation went really well and someone is already there to take care of him. I bet the hospital visiting hours are not even open yet. You don't even know which hospital he's in and haven't change out of your night attire. I'll take you there once we're ready and the hospital allowed visiting time, alright?" Sam gently reason out to Kana, who still look frantic.