𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Gwendolyn sat there with her jaw clenched, her arms crossed over her chest as she listened to her dad explain to her that they were moving. The blonde shook her head furiously. She wasn't going to leave. All of her friends were here. She wasn't going to start over just because of the Alpha attack that had taken place, or the hospitalization that Gwendolyn was forced to go through from being attacked at the dance.

"I'm not moving." Gwendolyn sternly told her father.

"This isn't up for debate!" He snapped at her, quickly getting frustrated with the teenager. He always got so easily frustrated.

"Well, move without me, because I'm staying right here." Gwen told him, planting her feet on the ground to prove her point.

"If you don't get your ass up those steps and start packing―︎"

"You'll what? Hit me?" Gwendolyn tested. "'Cause you already do that. You don't scare me anymore. I'm not that six year old girl that you can frighten in order to receive joy from doing so." Gwen knew she shouldn't have said the words, but she did anyways. She wanted to show him that she was her own person, and she refused to back down from him like she used to. And maybe she deserved what she got next. Wincing at the stinging sensation that split roughly onto her cheek like a bolt of lightning striking the ground. A hand automatically flew up to her cheek, knowing the bruise that was bound to be left there within the next hour. Her reflexes told her to cry, but she didn't, she closed her eyes tightly, refusing to show her father that he was hurting her.

She turned back to face him, stretching her jaw as if to get rid of the stinging sensation that was still there. She spat at him. "Screw you."

"What did you say?" He had been walking away when she spoke, making him turn on his heels to look at her.

"We aren't moving." She told him. "Screw. You."

"Alright, that's it!" His voice grew louder, and she almost flinched back but she kept her jaw tight as he marched towards her, his hand roughly grabbing onto her upper arm, squeezing it so tight she was sure she had lost blood circulation. She pulled at his grip.

"Let go!" She yelled. She pulled and yelled in protest before he threw her against the wooden stairs, the feeling of a rib or two breaking filling her body. She let out a cry of pain before turning on her back. He walked up to her, grabbing onto her arm and ripping her up from the ground, but she wasn't going to let him hurt her anymore. She let out a cry, kicking him in the groin, making him loosen his grip. She quickly ripped herself from his grasp, running towards the front door and escaping from her home and into the woods. She ran and ran until she couldn't anymore, tears falling down her face as the adrenaline faded and the pain started to cover her body. She leaned against a tree, a hand flying up to where her ribs were as the tears fell down her cheeks.

She just wanted all of the pain to go away. She wanted her father to go away. She wanted to know what she had done to the world to make her home life so cruel. She wished she had a home life like all of her friends. Like Stiles, who had sadly lost his mother but still had a supporting father who was the Sheriff of the town. Or maybe Scott, who's father had been kicked out when he was young, but who's mother was a sweetheart and balanced work and being their for her son all at once. What Gwen didn't know was that she was in for a treat, that she would get one thing she wished for.

For the next thing Gwendolyn knew, a violent pain clamped around her neck, making her cry out. It seemed to echo throughout the woods as she fell to her knees, the bite so deep that she fell into a pool of her own blood. She didn't know what had happened. One second she was laying on the floor of the woods, the smell of metal filling her nose from the blood that drained from her body. The next second, she was in a hospital room, doctors surrounding her and trying everything they could to save her life, and keep her from dying.

When she had woke up in a hospital bed, her father no where in sight, she wasn't at all surprised. A hand flew up to her neck, ripping off the bandage and expecting to find a scar, only to feel nothing but smooth skin. She had been discharged a day later, making a quick exit from the hospital, and ignoring all the eyes that followed her as she did so. What Gwen didn't know was that after that night in the woods, her life would forever be changed. For better or for worse, she wasn't really sure of.