Chapter Four - Summer Fields

Attached Media: Adrian Blackwell

I don't think that I embarrassed myself too much, so that made me feel a little better about the evening.

I don't get why Adrian seemed to hate me so much, I don't recall ever doing anything too stupid in his presence. I fell backwards onto my bed, covering my face with my hands and going through the night's events in my head.

After we went inside, Diane had immediately sat us down as she pulled out a roast lamb with roast vegetables out of the oven. I recall Adrian being dragged to the dining table, literally, by Diane as he was in his room sulking for some reason. I hope it wasn't because of me.

The dinner went by rather slowly as for some god forsaken reason, someone had put Adrian across from me which resulted in and I say this rather shamelessly, me checking him out.

And so for the duration of dinner I glanced occasionally up at him, only to see him eating his meal as if he was deprived from food for days.

I couldn't help but notice what a good body he had with his built figure and I figured he was around 6"6 from the way his knees kept on accidentally knocking mine under the table which earned me a hushed 'sorry' every now and then but I didn't mind.

Really, I didn't.

What if he purposely knocked his knees against mine?

I had learnt a bit more about the family as we ate because Jordan, who sat next to Adrian, would not shut his mouth the entire time and he didn't seem to have a filter on his mouth either so it resulted in me hearing about everything from his favourite colour to his ex-girlfriends, which I found incredibly awkward.

I learnt that the family's last name was Blackwell and that David was the new acting Mayor of the town as the previous mayor had somehow gone missing in the woods a couple of months back and no one had seen him since.

Of course, Leah and I liked to joke around and believe that he ran off to fulfill his dream of becoming a wild yeti.

I also learnt that Jordan and Adrian were twins, but Adrian was older by 11 minutes according to Diane. They weren't identical as Jordan's eyes were a deep brown whilst Adrian's was a bright green that reminded me of a summer field. I mentally kicked myself.

That was by far the worst thing I've thought all evening.

How can someone's eyes even look like a summer field?

Jordan was also shorter, much to his dismay, by about 3 inches and had brown hair, not black. Adrian's hair was thick, long and covered his eyes but it was pushed to the side, framing his face.

I constantly thought about running my hands though his hair all throughout the evening, which made me blush at various intervals though out dinner in which Jordan exclaimed that I was thinking dirty thoughts about him, which always caused me to blush deeper and stutter.