𝒂 𝒓𝒖𝒃𝒃𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒍

december 1st, 1986

aberdeen, washington

"first concert?"

"don't laugh."

the dark haired girl giggled.

"i won't."

"sammy hagar."

she giggled again, "that's not that that bad."

that dirty-blonde turned over to face her, "yes it is," he paused, "how about you?"

"motley crue."

"are you fucking kidding me?"

molly laughed loudly, "is that so hard to believe?"

"i guess not. just didn't take you for a crue fan," kurt said, grinning.

the duo had been playing this game of random questions for the past twenty minutes, starting it out of boredom and curiosity after kurt had finished raiding molly's record collection, deeming it, "acceptable."

"oh yeah, i had a whole phase. motley crue, dokken, ratt. even your favorite, sammy hagar" she said, a big grin on her face, now fully facing kurt while lying down on her bare bed.

kurt shook his head, a small smile still gracing his handsome face, "that's terrible."

"hey, some of it isn't that bad. i don't think people should judge music before they really try to listen to it, y'know? you never know what you might miss. your new favorite band could be out there, and you wouldn't even know it," she paused for a second, "besides, i doesn't seem like you thought mr. hagar was all that bad a few years ago," she said with a teasing grin.

"yeah, yeah, okay, next question," kurt said, rolling his eyes.

"hmm... favorite season?"

"i don't know, not winter. what's your biggest fear?"

"not doing anything important with my life. or becoming my mother. least favorite band?"

"the grateful dead. what annoys you most?"

"poser's and sloppy drunks. where were you born?"

"right here in good ol' aberdeen," he scoffed, "best album of this year?"

"oh, god," molly thought for a moment, "you know the deep six compilation album c/z released 'round march? definitely that. but, uh, that's just my opinion, and i'm kinda biased anyway."

"how so?" kurt asked her.

"i'm friends with... well i'm friends with most of the people who played on it. all the guys from soundgarden and green river and skin yard. andy wood- from malfunkshun- i've known him for a really long time, too. i do photography for all them, some other local bands too," she told him.

"i've known the melvins for a while, i met buzz back in, like, 82' i think? he went to my high school, i lived at their practice space for a little when my mom kicked me out once. i was a total fanboy when they first started doing shows, but they were all super cool about it. actually, me, dale, and buzz started a sorta side group called fecal matter last year. we tried to get some stuff going, had a demo tape, but it just wasn't working out," he told molly.

"fecal matter, huh?" she asked, holding in a giggle.

"shut up," he said letting out a laugh with molly.

noticing johnny rotten's voice has stopped screeching through the speakers, molly got up to switch records.

"what's next?" she asked, glancing behind her to the blonde boy on her bed.