Chapter 27

Warning: Sexual Content

   "Wait, wait, wait . . . how the hell did this happen again?" Alex asked, slightly shocked. Stacy rolls her eyes while passing Adrian over to me.

Just when I opened my mouth to speak, I was cut off by my rude brother, Derrick. "Jeez, can you not get it through your thick skull that Ellie burned her own house down?"

Openly gaping at him from across the table, I looked over at Paul and nod. He shakes his head and slaps Derrick upside the head. He yelps in surprise, making Adrian laugh and bounce on my lap with excitement at his uncle's false pain.

You see, I was baking dinner in the oven when I dozed off for a little while. And that ended up being the worst decision I've ever made because at this moment, I have absolutely no house to live in. So now Vincent and I will be living in the pack house until we can rebuild a new one.

"It wasn't Ellie's fault that she's just lazy," Seth piped in happily.

Jasmine gasped and thwacked her mate across the chest. "That is so not true. If anything you're the definition of lazy, even though I'm the one that's caring a living being."

I smile as I gazed down at the evident baby bump on Jasmine's stomach.

"Hey! You're not the only one," Alice grumbled. Paul smiled softly before bending over and pecking her lips.

Surprising enough, Alice and Robin were almost the same size on their baby bumps, even though their stomachs were the size of a basketball. I thought they glowed, which was a good thing 'cause normal pregnancy's made the women look evil.

"I can't believe my little brother's gonna have a baby before me. I'm the oldest out of you and Ana so I should be the first one to produce a heir," Anthony mumbled grudgingly.

Excitement swirled within me as I remembered Ana. We had first met when I ran away from my home because of how I couldn't take Damon's and my brothers' rejection. She was only a child when Bruce and I rescued her from four vicious rogues. In the end, Bruce had killed them all and I had blacked out from my injuries, it was then that I met a little pack of friendly rogues of twenty-nine. But I changed the size of the pack to over one hundred in only two years. I joined their pack and fell for Anthony's brother, Seth. Although we never really acted on our feelings, we both knew what the other felt. And I'm glad we didn't do anything because now he's one of my best friends. I don't know what would've happened if Seth and I ever ended up together.

A small sniff broke me out of my thoughts as I noticed tears leaking out of Rosie's eyes. I reached over and grasped her hand as I saw a sad frown cast itself on her pretty face. When I turned my focus on the rest of the group, I pointed to the door as a sign to get out, and they did.

"Do you ever think I'll be able to carry Anthony's child?"

Getting a gentle grip of Rosie's chin, I made her look at me. "You must be patient," I said softly. "When the ancestors see fit, you'll become pregnant. Now, what's going to happen right now, is that you're gonna get your sexy ass up and join the barbqueue that's happening outside. Understand?"

Nodding, she a sound that was a half sob, half laugh as she wiped underneath her eyes and pulled me along with her to the front yard of the pack house. Today I'd decided that it would be a good day to spend time with my loved ones. The afternoon sky was beautiful and vibrant. Just what we needed.

Rosie let go of my hand and walked over to Anthony who was cooking at the grill. Alex and Damon brought along their packs to join my own. The packs were having the time of their lives even if it was just talking and playing around.