Chapter 15

The Luna was in full force by the time we arrived. It's a pretty nice club to be honest, sure it may be located in a fancy neighborhood, but every club has its secrets and this one is that the owner belongs to my pack. She let us in, welcomed us, and departed to attend to her work.

My body was vibrating with the beat of the music, excitement making me giggle.

"If anything happens we'll meet up at this spot, got it?" I yelled over the booming music, disco balls flashing colorful lights everywhere as the dancing bodies below moved to the music. They nod their heads, splitting into groups of two; Anthony and Rosie; Paul and Alice; Seth and Jasmine; and then finally Sam and I.

"Would you like a drink?" Sam yelled in my ear. I smiled at him and nod my head yes.

Sam headed to the bar when he abruptly stopped and whipped his head to the side so fast I was surprised he didn't get whiplash. Following his line of vision, I see a pretty petite girl cornered by a drunk man, but she was looking straight at Sam, frozen. I sniffed the air and knew the girl and man were werewolves. Warmth spreads through my chest because one thing I was positive was, by the way they're staring at each other, Sam found his mate.

But anger soon followed as her face had a look of fear as the man grabbed her arm and tried to kiss her. When I realized Sam was storming over to them I knew I had to take action. Since I was closer, I ran forward, beating him to it. I pried the man from the girl and punched him square in his jaw, grabbing the girl and twirling round, I met a furious looking Sam and gently pushed her to him. He immediately brought the girl in for a hug, checking to see if she was hurt while at the same time breathing in his scent to calm his wolf.

"What's your name?" Her eyes widened as realization dawned on her; she was in her mate's arms.

"My name is Robin, and I'm deeply sorry for my disrespect Alpha."

A frown replaced my features while Sam had a disturbed expression marring his features because of how scared she was.

"Please Robin, call me Ellie. There's no need to be so formal. You're part of the family now since you're my best friend's mate. So please, go enjoy yourselves."

They both gave me grateful smiles and headed to the dance floor.

Feeling thirsty, I made my way to the bar, sitting down. I suddenly felt lonely. All my friends had mates to be with, to love them. Yeah, I may have family – a lot of family – but in the end of the day they return to their own families. 

I sigh. 'You have me,' I hear Bruce whisper in the back of my mind.  

Before being able to reply someone said, "Can I get a sexy bitch like you a drink?"

I could literally feel my heart skip a beat. I've been waiting for what felt like forever to hear that voice.

Emmett.

"Depends," I said, trying to keep the humor out of my voice.

"On what?" He wrapped his arms around my waist from the back.

"Dance with me."

"Okay deal, but we both gotta chug these down." Emmett placed six shots in front of me and six for him. Without hesitating I grabbed one by one and finished them off. Emmett came in second place.

"Ell," he warned, "look."

Emmett jerked his head ahead of us and I followed what he was pointing out. My jaw dropped, disbelief and anger now running through me. Damon and Monica were here.

Fuck. You. Whores. 

Emmett gave a sympathetic smile and offered me more shots. I threw them back, liking the way my throat burned, making my thoughts go cloudy. Werewolves are not easy to get drunk, more so for Alphas, but there's a certain trick werewolves used to get drunk. They missed the drink with a plant that could possibly kill us, but only in small doses to keep us safe.