Chapter 5

I grabbed Sophie's present which was a charm for the charm bracelet I got her a few years ago and I noticed most of my family had already left. The only person in the house was Ethan.

"Are you coming?" I asked him. He was pouting at his desk over some paperwork.

"I have work to do," he said grumpily. I went over and pulled him up.

"Come on it is time for a break," I said. He protested but finally gave in.

"I have to grab her present," he said, grabbing a perfectly wrapped gift.

"What did you get her?" I asked him.

"I saw her painting a few weeks ago so I got her some new painting supplies," He said, his cheeks turning slightly red. I stayed silent but couldn't help smile how thoughtful that was.

We walked towards the pack house where the party was being held outside. Once we got there Ethan tried to walk away and I was afraid he would go back home so I kept him with me. I saw Sophie and so I pulled him with me to go see her.

She turned around and I heard them both gasp. Ethan let go of my arm and pulled her closer and I realized they were mates. They kissed and I heard happy cheering and I saw Mom and Aunt Lilac cheering saying that they knew one of their children would become mates. I looked at my Dad and Uncle Luke and saw that they were patting each other on the back.

I was smiling at my best friend and brother, happy that they had found each other when I was pulled into a chest. I smiled as I felt the tingles and turned around and saw Liam. He was dressed in khaki shorts and a blue polo.

I leaned up and gave him a kiss and he pulled me closer.

"We match," I said smiling at him. He twirled me around and then pulled me into his chest.

"You look beautiful," he said causing me to blush. I looked up and saw my dad walking towards us. Liam put his arm around my side and shook my dad's hand.

"I have to say, Liam, I have been speaking to your father about your training and I am pleased that you are my daughter's mate," he said and I felt Liam relax at these words.

"Thank you, sir," Liam said, giving a small bow.

"With that said, if you hurt my daughter, remember who trained all of the warriors," he

said, punching Liam in the shoulder playfully laughing. Liam winced but forced a laugh back as my Dad left. He then moved his arm around to stretch it out.

"Your Dad is scary," he said to me and I laughed.

"When I was seven my mom held a meeting with some of the females and Eva fell and got a small scratch on her arm. My dad panicked and he ran to Aunt Addy's house saying that she would be permanently scarred from it," I said laughing at the memory.

"Children are scary. I am glad I was an only child," he said as Charlie ran by yelling at Jason for getting punched on her new dress. I frowned at his statement because I loved having a big family and the craziness that came with it.

"I always had fun with all my siblings," I said smiling as I watched Evan Emma and Jason all watch Emma win a videogame on their phone. Liam was pulled away by Ethan to talk about some pack business. I frowned as I tried not to worry about our differences in this subject and hoped it wouldn't be too big of a battle in the future.

Eva and Mila, came running up to me and I saw that Eva was crying.

"What is wrong Eva?" I asked her, wiping her tears away from her face.

"I just overheard Liam say you would be leaving with him, is it true?" she asked me. My heart broke. We have been inseparable for a while. Ethan would hang out more with Evan and Emma so I gravitated towards Eva so she didn't feel lonely. I would give her advice, and help her through all of her teenage drama. I also helped Mila and Charlie whenever they need me.

"Eva, you know mates have to stay together in order to be strong. Liam can't move here because his duties are on the North side of the pack," I said to her giving her a small smile.

"You are leaving me alone in the house," she said, crying harder.

"You will have Ethan, Evan, and Emma. Plus Charlie and Mila will both be here," I said trying to let her know she will be okay.

"It won't be the same and you know it," she said.

"You can call me and you know if anything happens I will always be here for you," I said to her.

"Just like George said to me?" Mila said her tears started to form now.

"That isn't fair. I am not George," I said knowing that he was never really close with Mila, to begin with.

"I hate you," Eve said before she and Mila ran off crying. I felt some tears start to form and I took a shaky breath. I decided to let her cool off before talking to her. Jaz came over to me and gave me a side hug. I rested my head on her shoulder and let a few tears fall. I was having a harder time than I thought about leaving everyone.

"They will be okay. You know Mila is being dramatic as usual and Emma will help Eve whenever she needs it," she said rubbing my back.

"Will I be okay? I am one day into knowing Liam and I feel like my entire world is being flipped upside down," I said wiping my tears away. I watched Liam as he laughed with Ethan completely oblivious that I was upset.

"It is normal to feel like this. You will come and visit. I know you will. Plus my birthday is in 2 months and we have to celebrate," she said, giving me a smile. I smiled back at her and wiped my tears.

Sophie walked over to us and she had a giant smile on her face. She hugged me from the other side and we all sighed. We had all been inseparable since birth and I didn't know what I would do without being a simple 30-second walk from them.