Chapter 2

I looked at Sophie and Jaz and they followed me upstairs. I let my hair down and started to brush it out.

"Why couldn't the ball have been thrown tomorrow," Sophie said frowning, tomorrow was her 20th birthday.

"I am sorry Sophie, maybe your mate is in this pack?" I said to her, giving her a smile.

We heard a ball hit something causing it to crash and we heard Eva, Charlie, and Mila scream.

"Evan you broke my mirror!!" Eva screamed and I could hear all of them start to argue.

"Let's hope not," Jaz said laughing. My hair had a slight wave to it so we decided to slightly curl my hair. Jaz started working on the hair and Eva who was strangely gifted at makeup put a natural look on my face. By the time two hours had passed my hair and makeup were ready all I needed was my dress.

I went to my closet and saw my dress. It had spaghetti straps with a sweetheart neckline. It was tight up top and was flowy from the waist with a slit on the side to the top of my thigh. It was light blue and it was made out of satin material. I paired it with some nude heels, and a simple pearl necklace and some pearl earrings.

I walked out of my bathroom and Sophie and Jazz smiled at me.

"You look AMAZING," Jazz said, forcing me to do a twirl.

"You look like a princess," Sophie said. It was 30 minutes before the ball was to start and we headed downstairs. I went downstairs and everyone was here. My mom was wiping tears and my Aunts and Uncles all gave me a hug.

"Once you get to the ball Ethan will go to the middle of the stage and take his seat. On either side will be a seat for future Alpha's. Alpha Kyle's son is not old enough yet, but Alpha Jack's son Liam will be there. Joe, and Erin once you arrive you go to the ballroom and wait for Liam and Ethan to walk in," My Dad said and we all told him we would.

As we were leaving my Dad pulled me into a hug.

"I am so proud of the woman you have become," he said before kissing my forehead.

"I love you Dad," I said, giving him one last hug before leaving. Ethan, Joe and I walked towards the packhouse where the ballroom was. Before we walked in Ethan pulled me into a hug.

"Watch out for my sister. Best friend or not I will kill you," He said to Joe who gave him a fake salute.

Ethan left to go wait in the Alpha room and Joe put his arm out and I grabbed it as we walked in together.

"So what job will you choose?" I asked him as we made our way inside. I looked around and the ballroom was huge. There were at least 1,00 people here and they were all mingling.

"I am going to be a warrior under your brother of course," he said and I figured he was going to choose that job.

"Of course you will," I said laughing at him.

"How about you princess," he said, fake bowing at me. I smacked his arm and laughed.

"I haven't fully decided. I am leaning towards becoming a doctor or cook," I said.

"Those are two completely different things," he said, raising his eyebrow at me.

"I know I just am not sure what my true passion is," I said giving him a small smile.

"I am sure you will find your passion tonight," he said pulling me closer. He always fake flirted with me and I responded as I usually do kneeing him in the balls.

As he groaned in pain grabbing him balls the bell started to ring signaling the Alpha walking through the door. Everyone made their way to the dance floor and we all bowed as Ethan and Liam made their way through.

As they walked by I looked at the back of their heads and shuddered by the amount of power radiating off the both of them. Ethan looked small in comparison to Liam. The last time I had seen Liam was 10 years ago when I was 10 and he was 19.

He was now about 6'5 and his brown hair was perfectly styled. As they turned around I diverted my eyes not wanting to seem like I was challenging them.

"Let the ball begin," Ethan said and we all stood up as they took their seats. I looked at Joe and saw that he was smelling the air. He walked over to the food table and I saw a girl with red hair and blue eyes. He went over to her and he picked her up and they both looked so happy.

I was so happy for him yet I now felt completely alone. I looked over at Ethan and saw him scanning the room. He smelled and I saw him sit back and frown. We made eye contact and I felt my heartbreak for him as he shook his head telling me his mate wasn't here. I hoped my fate was the same as his.

As much as I wanted a mate I wanted to stay here and learn from Aunt Addy how to be a doctor, or from Aunt Jules how to be a cook. I wanted to stay with my friends and family and I didn't want to have to pack my things and move.

I looked up and saw him, his blue eyes became one with mine and he took my breath away.

"Mate," He growled as he stood up and looked at me.

"Liam," I said in shock as he hopped off the stage.

The crowd parted as he made his way towards me. He stopped in front of me and he towered me by a foot. I took in his scent and it smelled like pines with a hint of mint. He looked down at me and I felt him push back my hair.

"You seem bigger Erin," he said as he examined my changed body.

"A whole ten years," I said blushing. He looked down at my dress and he looked around. People must have been staring because he growled and I heard everyone disburse. I expected him to take me with him to his seat but we started to leave the ballroom.