Chapter 4

When I woke up I noticed that Liam was sleeping. When we were growing up his family had temporarily stayed in our packhouse until he was 15. Our parents had become close but my father needed them to watch the Northside of our pack.

We had barely seen them after this due to all of the duties Alpha Jack had. I knew he wouldn't be able to visit as often as I wanted and mates were very protective so the chances of him letting me go by myself were slim to none.

I tried to shake these negative thoughts from my head. It was Sophie's birthday so I was hoping I could celebrate with her before we had to go back to his hometown. I gently shook Liam awake so I could go home and get changed before our picnic which will be combined as a party. He woke up and smiled at me.

"Hey, Liam. There is a family picnic today for my friend Sophie's birthday. Can we please go?" I asked him, as he pulled me into his chest.

"Sure, I will be trained by your dad tomorrow then we will have to leave," he said and I tried not to worry about that yet.

"I am going to head home to get changed," I said. As I stood up he grabbed my arm and pulled me in to get a kiss. After the kiss was done he let go. I contemplated putting my dress back on but decided to just go in his sweats and T-shirt.

I walked down the stairs and I noticed the house was alive now. There were people cleaning, cooking, and I saw a ton of new mates emerging from their rooms together. I left the packhouse and noticed the sun was shining bright.

I was going to go to my house but decided to go and see Sophie instead, seeing as it was her birthday. I walked over to her house instead of going right to mine. I opened up the door and was hit with the smell of waffles.

"Good Morning!" I said as I walked in. I went to the kitchen and saw Jason and Charlie were in the kitchen helping Aunt Lilac with breakfast. It still must have been early enough that Uncle Luke was at training.

"Good morning, Erin. We have been wondering if you have found your mate last night," Charlie said and I felt myself blush.

"That I did," I said smiling shyly.

"What is he like," Charlie said dreamily. I was about to answer when Aunt Lilac stopped me.

"I think the birthday girl and Jaz would like to know first. They are in her room," Aunt Lilac said. I thanked her and headed up the stairs. As I passed Joe's room I heard giggling and I was glad everything had worked out for him.

I opened up the door and I saw Jaz and Sophie in Sophie's closet trying to pick out a dress.

"You guys know I have the best fashion taste out of us," I said smiling and they both ran over and hugged me.

"We didn't think we would see you today," Sophie said and I could tell she was crying.

"You know I wouldn't miss your birthday!" I said as we stopped our hug.

"You need to tell us everything!" Jaz said, pulling me to the bed where we all sat.

"Well, when you enter the ball it is extremely awkward. There are thousands of people and most are awkwardly mingling. Joe found his mate right away. She was a really pretty red-headed girl. I found my mate it is Liam," I said dreamily thinking about him.

"Liam as in 29-year-old Liam, Alpha Jack and Luna Kerry's Liam?" Sophie said and I shook my head yes.

"That is the one," I said blushing.

"You are so lucky! He is so hot!!" Jaz said smacking my arm.

"He lives on the Northern side of the border," I said frowning at the fact that I will have to leave in a mere two days. Both of their faces fell as well.

"When do you leave?" Sophie said.

"In two days, and I don't want to go," I said, throwing myself on the bed dramatically.

"You have to go, don't be silly, we will still visit," Jaz said.

"That is what May, Easton, and George all said and we barely see them. Life gets in the way," I said frowning trying not to cry.

"We will all be different. We have to all promise to come to at least one family brunch per month," Sophie said, putting out her hand. We all put our hands together and made a promise to the Moon Goddess.

"Okay enough sad talk, can I shower quickly then I can help get you ready?" I asked Sophie, she said yes and said that I could borrow some clothing.

I went and took a very quick shower and I put on a skirt that was yellow and flowy down to my feet, and I grabbed a Navy Blue shirt and tied it up to make it cropped. I threw my hair in a messy low bun and decided to put no makeup on.

I walked out and saw that Sophie had her makeup and hair done and all she needed was the perfect outfit. I went into her closet and I saw this dress. It was off the shoulders and loose to the middle where it sinched at the waist, it then flowed out and was short in the front and long in the back. It was a light aqua blue color with white flowers on it. I grabbed some brown wedges and a matching brown hat.

I handed Sophie the clothing and it was perfect especially with her blonde hair. They went downstairs to eat and I went to my house to say hi to my family and grab Sophie's present.

I walked next door to my house and entered the side door which led to the kitchen. I walked in and saw that my family was about to eat. Emma and Evan were talking together and Eva was talking with my dad who was reading a newspaper and ignoring her. My mom was trying to talk to Ethan who was completely zoned out.

"Hey family," I said, taking a seat next to my Mom and they all smiled when they saw me.

"We didn't think we would see you," My Mom said, giving me a hug.

"We thought you would be with Liam," Eva said, giving me a knowing smile.

"I was with him but I had to go see Sophie. You can see him at the birthday party," I said smiling at them. My dad was examining my neck when he saw no mark, he made a happy noise and went back to reading his newspaper. We all dug into the food and the party didn't start for another hour so I was going to help with dishes before starting to pack my things.

I started to get all the plates and I helped Ethan clean the dishes. We started in silence and I tried to make small talk.

"You know dad didn't find Mom until he was in his late 20s, the same thing with Liam. She will show up before you know it and it will be worth the wait," I said giving him a smile.

"I know sis, it is just hard. It is like my wolf can feel her but I don't know where she is," he said, frowning. I gave him a hug and he smelled me.

"Did you get a new perfume? You smell nice," he said. I smelled the shirt and didn't smell anything.

"Not that I know of," I said confused. He frowned and we finished the dishes in silence. The next half hour I had started packing all of my clothing which ended up taking four big duffle bags. By the time I finished my clothing it was time to go to the party.