𝐗𝐕𝐈| 𝐀 𝐌𝐚𝐣𝐨𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐭 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤

𝐈 𝐒 𝐀 𝐁 𝐄 𝐋 𝐋 𝐄

𝐈 𝐒 𝐀 𝐁 𝐄 𝐋 𝐋 𝐄

"There's a basketball game tonight, against the Saint Christopher High School," Thomas speaks as he accompanies us at the lunch table.

"I'm surprised you know that since you decided to be an outcast and quit," Kegan says.

"Hey, lacrosse isn't so bad," Thomas says trying to justify himself.

"Wait, you quit basketball for lacrosse?" Lexi questions.

"Even she can't believe it," Levi says as he slips into the space between me and Lexi.

I begin to see the amusement of April's face and I know exactly what she's about to say.

"You seem to be hanging with us a bit more than usual," she smiles.

Levi's failure to make out an answer along with the awkward silence makes the situation embarrassing.

"Well that's my cue," Adonis says.

"Me too," I chuckle before we both stand up.

"I can walk you to class," he says and I nod before we both head for the exit of the cafeteria.

As we walk down the hall, the silence is more deafening than the music coming from the music club.

Adonis keeps his hands in his pockets and stands high above me, he wears the jacket he wore the first day we met, the chain he loves so much hangs from his neck and lays on his chest.

"And I believe this is your destination," he states as we both stop at the art room.

"Thanks," I say, just as my hand touches the handle he speaks.

"Can I see what you're working on?" He questions, pulling his lower lip between his teeth as he waits for my response.

"Sure," I say as I open the door to the room, the room is empty, there are only canvases, and the necessary tools for art in here.

I walk over to my section and I place my bag onto the floor before going to collect my canvas after I take it up I place it onto the easel.

He studies it clear fully before touching it with his finger, he strokes his fingers carefully as if he's trying to recreate my strokes with the brush.

"It's a representation of something that hurts you," he says which shocks me, can a painting tell so much about a person.

"Am I right or not?" He questions, his light green eyes meet my blue one which obviously causes me to look away briefly.

"I don't know," I falter, hesitation in my voice, which he doesn't fail to recognise.

He takes a seat on the stool positioned behind my canvas, he places two of his fingers under my chin before turning my head to him.

The room is silent and I can hear my own heartbeat, through my ears.

"You're so difficult to understand," he mutters, pulling me closer.The space between us closes and his sweet scent lingers around me.

His warm hands send sparks through my body as he leans forward, planting a kiss on my lips, time felt as though it had stopped when his lips met mine, but the feeling only intensified, my heart pounded in my chest as I felt my knees give in.

I could only focus on how soft he felt against my mouth, my arms wrapped around his neck, as my fingers ran through his hair softly, the kiss was slow and tender, we both dared not to pull away.

Just as the thought crossed my mind, the bell rang, loud and exasperating, we both pulled away as though we'd just been caught in an act of adultery.

"I'm sorry for doing that," he says, confusion lingering in his eyes as he raises from the seat.

Before I can speak my fellow classmates burst through the door, laughter and voices fill the room as they walk to their seats.

"I'll see you at the basketball game," I say and he nods before turning around and leaving the room.

A few minutes later, Alice sits next to me, I keep my headphones in my ears, trying to ignore her presence, I'm pretty sure she's not even in this class but I wasn't going to have a problem with anyone at this school, especially since I just arrived here.

She gets up possibly after realising I was ignoring her, maybe she went to sit somewhere else, thank god we're on the same page.

Just as the thought crossed my thought, black liquid spills onto me and my painting.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," a voice too familiar to me speaks as I hear soft giggles from behind me.

I turn to the troublesome person who had just ruined my work of three weeks, Alice.

"Are you actually serious?" I grumble, taking the headphones out of my ear.

"I tripped, I apologise," she mutters softly under her breath.

"Is there a problem behind there?" the teacher speaks before turning to us and the disaster Alice had just made.

"I tripped ma'am," Alice speaks before I can make out any words.

"It's okay, Ms Rose please go to the office and see what they can do about your clothes, I'll try to salvage your painting," she says.

I drop the brushes on them as I pick my bag up, swinging it over my shoulder, I leave the room without saying a word.

As I make my way to the office, I can't help the tear that rolls down my cheek, I've never put an ounce of dedication into anything as much as I did with this project just for it to be ruined by one simple trip.

As I enter the office, all eyes are on me, maybe it was because of the tears swelling down my face or the black paint that soaked into my clothes, all I did know was that I did not feel any reason to care.

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐨𝐨𝐧

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

End of chapter sixteen, I hope you enjoyed it, if you did, feel free to leave a comment or a vote cause why not, it cost zero dollars unlike anything else in life, HAPPY BIRTHDAY @lqcrecva, have a great day and enjoy it queen~ Ash♡