The awaited encounter (1)

Disclaimer: I DONT OWN NARUTO only Eve.

¤¤¤¤

Eve POV :

I arrived at 6:55 to see all of them waiting and ready to depart.

Today I chose to wear a lilac crop-top in which most of my midriff is revealed, adorned with a black skirt that has a diagonal slit, showing a glimpse of the midnight-black short underneath, and both of them reach mid-thigh; a printing of sakura petals ran along the slit. One of the few items I had left in my bag.

I placed my leaf headband on my waist, put on my black ninja sandals and gloves.

"Hey, guys, ready for some adventure," said Naruto grinning galvanized addressing Sai and Sakura who was already there waiting.

"You know this mission is no joke right, I don't want you to get us killed...well, I don't want to get killed," I exclaimed as I approached them, annoyed by his sanguine and excitement. Don't blame me its almost 7 and in the freaking morning.

"Oh hi, Eve. Of course, I take this mission seriously! You know, I'm just excited," he hopped up and down like an overzealous rabbit. His enthusiasm is contagious, but I curbed the urg to smile and instead scowled.

"Yeah, I can see that with all your bouncing like a lunatic," I rolled my eyes at him.

"Aww, Eve, admit it! I know you are excited too!" before I could reply captain Yamato interrupted.

"Okay kids, let us get going, enough of your chit chat and let's get this mission over with."

How dare he, address us like kids!

Well, how dare he address ME, like a kid!

"I'm not a kid... old man," I huffed irritated and we left to the bridge to meet Sasori's spy.

+++++

Yamato decided on our formation.

He is in the front, leading the journey followed by naruto and Sakura.

I am behind them, while Sai is guarding our back.

The plan is for captain Yamato to disguise himself as Sasori while waiting for the spy to appear on the bridge.

We will be hiding not very far from him, masking our chakra in order not to be discovered.

Yamato ordered us to attack only if things got out of hand if the plan runs smoothly he will get the information and leave as nothing happened.

I can't believe how stupid that sounds, I mean what kind of childish strategy is that?!

Sasori must not be taken lightly, and I'm sure that things will never run smoothly with us if this captain can't devise a good strategy.

I don't know the man, actually never heard of him other than that he belongs to some criminal organization. But I believe that you should never underestimate anyone, especially your enemy. That's why I feel this mission will fail.

Good luck in saving your asses, you pompous leaf ninjas! For one, I'll be chilling far away and watching the show! I mentally cackled like an old hag, sadistic thoughts running through my mind. Of course, I didn't mean it, but it's fun fantasizing!

Hmm, you cant do that girl! You are now one of those pompous leaf ninjas or have you forgotten your headband? A voice in my mind snickered.

Oh, really, this? Well, it's a mere accessory. You know I'm just an added weight to this team. Even with the headband, I'm not officially a member of this village, or do you think I'm stupid enough to get the Hokage welcoming words into my head!