The slumbering fragments|part:1

Disclaimer: I own all the characters present in this chapter ;)

Two updates, in one week, whaaaaaat? XD

Sorry in advance for the mistakes, I'm trying to update fast before the first semester starts. I don't mind if you guys point them out, on contrary, that'll help me in editing faster instead of rereading it multiple times.

Dark chapter. Step with caution.

You've been warned!

Dedicated to the most loyal and amazing reader who never missed an update @CherylMander

Love you and thank you :)

Enjoy the chapter!

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

The swarm of trees hugged the sky; tall, proud and rich in greenness even the sun rays found it hard to infiltrate the mass of leaves mashed together, diminishing its blazing heat into warm caress.

Betwixt the sea of green, cottages and huts equal in size and shape nestled in its embrace. One of the few cottages present stood out due to the joyful aura surrounding it because of the squeals of delight coming out of the lips of a certain six years old girl. However, the merriment on this summer day is unique for it marked a transition - whether it is for the good or bad that is still yet to be determined.

"Daddy, daddy! You came!" A small figure darted through the door, almost blowing the doors' hinges in excitement.

The man approaching crouched and lifted the small young girl into his awaiting arms,"my princess! You've grown!"

"Of course I would! I am now a queen!" The girl giggled, her arms around her father's neck.

"Look at you, you've grown taller and prettier, you are definitely a queen now!" Her father nuzzled his nose against his child eagerly which the young girl reciprocated.

"Why did it take you so long to kill the baddies daddy? Are you losing your touch?!" The young girl of six, smirked at her beloved father. Inside she felt happy that he came back, she missed him terribly, but she was sad that he couldn't come sooner. After all, he promised that he would be gone for days, but he was away for months.

"I hope not, darling! But the baddies this time were super strong and mighty bad," he laughed approaching the house and gathering his wife, who stood at the door waiting, in his arms.

The child tried to reply, but her words were muffled against her father's chest as he embraced her and her mother in a bear hug.

She squirmed and wiggled like a worm, trying to get away from the adults who are trying to squash her. At last when her father got his full of hugging them, he set her down and she shot her mother a glare. "I was trying to speak. I missed him!"

"Don't glare at me, young lady! I have the right to miss your daddy as much as you do," her mother, an elegant lady of regal and position returned her daughter's glare just as fiercely. It would've been intimidating if her lips didnt quirk in an unabashed grin.

"As I was saying daddy, before I was inter-interubted by mama -"

"It's interrupted sweetie," her mother corrected which earned her another fierce glare from her daughter that did nothing but cause her to laugh - internally of course for her daughter will put on a disastrous tantrum if she thought her mother was laughing at her so called 'queen's fierce glare' but she only looked like a constipated kitten about to burst.