Hunter turns to prey

I am sorry for the super late update, I'll be updating more regularly from now, hopefully you are still reading this :D

This chapter is NOT edited at all, so you'll find a lot of mistakes x3. I've done a little editing and rewriting for the previous chapters, and I'll edit this one when I have time.

Enjoy!

She raised the glass to take a sip, feeling the keen burn on her tongue and throat - a burn that made her recoil at first but nonetheless savor the taste.

Her demanding lips kept seeking the bitterness as she swiftly gulped down the sake greedily until no drop is left.

Lady Tsunade faced the window, gazing onto the joyful festival that Konoha is hosting. Her bitter mood matching the taste of her alcoholic drink.

The colorful lights and laughter rose high, clear and resplendent touching her heart despite the sadness that has manifested there.

The festival was always a place of unrestrained joy. The costumes lit up the dark night, a riot of colour to rival any gardener's paradise. Women and young girls dressed in their best clothing, some preferring it feminine with flowers or sakura petals embedded in them others adorned bold colors and makeup to match their look. It was a day to celebrate after all and they were resolved to enjoy it, except for her. Music filled the air, festive beats lifted the spirits and made the people want to move, jump and sing, but to her and with the alcohol she consumed, it was like a sledgehammer to her poor brain pounding it vigorously with each beat determined to turn it into soup.

Right now she'll do anything to drown in the heavenly bliss her drink provides and in the solitude of her office. The hibernal state of the place, void of any presence except her, dark and cold; it matches perfectly with the bitter state of her mind and heart. It is too hard to be around people, sharing their laughter with a smile of her own, gazing upon their happy, carefree expressions while they cuddled with their loved ones and laughed among each other.

It was too much for her to bear; even though the wound had almost healed but it still run deep, forever angry and present. A cruel reminder of what she could have - and her necklace is a glaring evidence to this - but now they are nothing but a memories to taunt her.

The joyful atmosphere of her oblivious villagers, the glint of happiness that always sparkled in their eyes once they join their loved ones was too much to endure; for now despite the many summers that has gone, bitterness still looms.

The taste of it never once left her; gnawing at her heartstrings and stabbing viciously at her soul...ever since she lost her brother and her beloved fiance. She could never forget nor forgive. She has more bitterness than will ever subside, it consumed her with its bittersweet taste of its sour filled emotions as it tickled her tongue and urged her to empty her stomach - or was it the alcohol she consumed.

Nonetheless, the taste of the sake is euphoric and numbing, more better than the one festering in her heart that with each passing year it grows like a tumor, pushing on the side of her that was serene enveloping her instead into toxic darkness.

However, she was able to lock it away on many occasions - even though it was able to slither from its cage when something triggers it, like the sight of a happy couple locked in an embrace- since now her time is fulfilled with more meaningful work.

The work of a hokage - the leader, protector of konoha and the one the youth idolized.

She never wanted to be a one, too much work to do and a lot of responsibilities to handle; most importantly, she was afraid.

Afraid to disappoint them - her people and her friends - it's funny, how people vary in ranks, appearance; yet they are so similar at the same time.