13

Chapter 13

"What's wrong?" Xavier asked as his voice filled with concern and worry.

'I wanna go back home.' A tear dropped on Haley's note as she wrote.

Xavier visibly stiffened under Haley as he shook his head no.

'Please take me to the Devin's.' Haley looked to him with a tear streaming down her face.

She had only known him for just days but she could already tell that he was silently having an internal battle with himself over what to do. He reluctantly gave a soft nod telling her that they could go.

"When?" He asked with a deep voice not likening this idea as she was his.

His mate. His Luna. His girl. His weakness. His Joy. His pain. He owned her in his own odd but loving way.

'Now.'

With a sigh Xavier lifted Haley's petite frame, carrying her back into the bedroom. He quickly pulled on a shirt and jeans and then turned to Haley. He found a big jacket to go over his big shirt and her small night shorts she had on from three nights ago when he took her. Xavier also helped her into his large socks and he pulled her up while tucking her into his side for comfort and warmth.

Haley hiccuped softly walking down the halls with him. He opened a door leading into a large and spacious three car garage. Xavier opened Haley's door, buckling her into the seat and got into the driver side doing the same for himself.

Soft hiccups filled the silent car as Xavier sped to the house that Haley had only spent about a month in since moving from Washington. Xavier lifted Haley out of the car and she buried her head in his neck as he carried her and walked up to the porch. His large fist rapped on the door at a fast pace.

Steven only had on his Flannel pajama pants as he stood at the door with his wife in a blush night gown behind him. Haley moved her head and saw Bethany. She slowly slipped down from Xavier's hold walking in the house.

Xavier and Steven glare at each other as Tyson walked down the stairs following his fathers actions. As Haley reached Bethany her tears started to flow heavily again. Beth soothingly ran her hands through Haley's tangled wavy hair. The three men were talking but Haley completely blocked it out with her crying.

After a short while Haley's tears had dried up and she pulled back from Bethany. The talking had stopped as Haley looked over to Tyson who had an upset but saddened look on his face. He opened his arms and they hugged each other closely. A growl came from the door where Xavier stood with fist clenched and dark eyes boring into Tyson's.

"What happened?" Xavier asked with authority in his voice and Bethany, Tyson, and Haley walk into the kitchen.

Bethany pulled a pen and paper from the counter sliding it to Haley.

'I miss them.'

Bethany nodded kissing Haley's head as Tyson stood behind her rubbing her back.

"Hot cocoa baby?" Bethany asked Haley as she slightly nodded.

Everyone was now in the kitchen and Xavier had read the note that his mate had just wrote.

"Who?" Xavier's voice flowed through the room.

As no one answered Xavier walked over to Haley who was sitting at the kitchen table. He picked her up off the seat and sat down with her in his lap.

"Who do you miss deliciae?" He asked softly. (Darling)

Both Tyson and Steven growled at them as their wolf didn't like their little girl being touched by a man let alone sitting in his lap. Haley bent forward to start writing but stopped when Xavier boomed out to the two men.

"I can touch my mate if I want!"

Haley looked back confused and raised a questioning eyebrow at him and then the family. No one made eye contact with her and Xavier had stiffened while shaking his head. She had nodded understanding that it might be a personal thing and people need time. Bethany handed the cocoa to Haley and she started to sip the warm drink.

"Are you okay?" Bethany asked Haley again talking about everything over all not just her family or just Xavier.

Haley shrugged halfheartedly and lightly nodded as Tyson and Xavier continued to glare at each other until interrupted by a small growl coming from Steven. He then stepped forward from his position next to his son.

"Do you want to stay the night?" He asked and Xavier moved his sight over to growl at Steven.

'I just miss you guys and them.' Haley wrote.

Everyone looked at the note.

"You can always stay when you want." Steven spoke up again to comfort of the closet thing to his daughter.

"No!" Xavier yelled and stood pulling Haley to him closely.

All men were glaring at each other as Bethany looked to Haley. She rubbed her arm reassuringly telling her it was okay.

"Alpha Daron? Will you let her come see us when she wants? If she wants to stay you can too. She's been through some stuff and she need something familiar sometimes." Bethany spoke softly with a sad smile.

"What happened?!" His voice boomed behind Haley.

She shook her head not ready to tell a man who took her from her home and and family to stay with him.

"She will explain to you when she's ready. Give her time." Haley nodded and finished the cocoa.

She hugged the people she considered family earning a growl, dark eyes, and shaking clench fists from Xavier. She turned to him and yawned while nodding for him to follow her as she made her way up the stairs into the old bedroom.

Haley didn't understand why Bethany called Xavier Alpha or why the three men continuously growled at each other like animals. But that was the least of her thoughts as she laid down in the double bed tired of crying and ready to sleep. The bed dipped and tingles ran the skin of her back as Xavier's hand rubbed soothing circles.

"We'll go home tomorrow amare." Xavier spoke softly as Haley fell asleep. (Love)