1

AN: Emmy Rossum as Haley
Chapter 1

Haley sat on the couch as Tyson screamed at the sports game that was on TV. Every time he would scream she would flinch. He huffed and apologized again. Haley understood though. She didn't blame him, it wasn't his fault she would jump. She grew up with her dad, the next door neighbor Steven and his son Tyson screaming at the games every weekend. It just scared her now that the last thing she heard from her mother was a scream pleading for mercy.

Tyson was twenty and the next door neighbor that Haley lived her whole life with. Tyson was two years older than Haley but they were like brother and sister as they grew up next door with a close age range.

"We have some news!" Bethany, Tyson's mother bubbled and cheered coming through the door quickly also startling Haley but she quickly recovered.

"What is it?" Tyson asked as Haley nodded her head waiting for Bethany and her husband Steven to continue.

"We're moving to Colorado." The deep but soft voice of Steven spoke as he started entering the living room.

"Up by the mountains?" Tyson asked excitedly as he had previous knowledge of this.

The two nodded their head and Steven shot Haley a sad smile as she looked down to her lap.

Haley had a love hate relationship with Washington. It's were she grew up and had so much fun with her family and the minimal amount of friends she had but she was happy here. She spent her eighteen years of life here with her family.

Well more like seventeen years. That's why she hated Washington as well. About six months ago her parents were murdered in the same house she grew up in with her there. She stayed hidden in the attic for two days. Her mom told her to hide until the Devin's who were the family friends next door or police officers came looking for her. It just happened to take two days for them to come.

After her parents died is when she stopped talking.

She also stopped eating. So she really only slept or sat alone in the woods most the time. She just recently started hanging out with Tyson more just like she used too. By hanging out it's really just sitting by or with him as he does something, watches something, or talks.

"When do we leave?" Tyson asked his parents who always treated Haley like family. She was the daughter they never had. Especially since her parents passed.

"This Friday."

Steven walked to Haley and gently put his hand on her shoulder. Haley flinched not expecting the touch. She had only become jumpy after the incident. A delicate squeeze was given as she looked up.

"It will be okay. We will always take care of you." His quiet whisper reaches her ears as she had always had exquisite hearing and vision.

She merely nodded in response. She wasn't sure if she was sad that her only memories were here or if it was because if she left it would make her parents not being here with her so real.

She nodded and got off the couch walking to her room.

Bethany was about to walk after her to see what was wrong when Tyson stopped her.

"Give her some time then I'll go check on her." He reassured his mother.

Now it was about eight ten when the family started talking about the move. Topics like where they were moving, what it was gonna be like, who was already there, and what would Haley do came up in their conversations. They wrapped up around eight forty five.

While Steven and Bethany got ready for bed Tyson went up to Haley's room.

He softly knocked on the cream colored door and opened it a few seconds later when he heard no movement. He looked in to find Haley curled up into a tiny ball with her head on her pillow. Given her five foot two inch height and petite, weak frame, caused by not eating, added to the small size she was in comparison to the large queen bed.

"Hal?" He questioned softly.

She hardly moved her head to even look at him.

Tyson walked over to sit on the bed the way she was facing. He started to lightly rub her arm and push the hair stuck to her tear streaked cheeks out of her face.

"I know it's hard. This might be good though. You can get a change of scenery. There are nice woods up there. Meet new people. They have good colleges maybe you could go and start a career." Tyson offered with an optimistic view for Haley like he always tried to.

Haley curled into his side nodding her head as a soft sob left her lips. He waited till her breathing evened out and she fell asleep. Then he got up leaving the room.

Tyson was excited for Colorado. He would possibly find the girl he should mate with. He would have more power once he found her as well as getting the Alpha title just being there with a pack.

He hoped that Haley would find her mate. Tyson always had a soft spot for Haley. It was officially created when she was about five and fell into a bush. He helper he out, put a bandaid on her small cut, and she hugged him thanking him for everything like he saved her life. He always liked her before but that moment he knew he would protect her, look after her, care, and love her for the rest of their lives.

Tyson always knew at one point she would be happier, start to smile and laugh again. It broke a part of him to see basically his sister always sad and baring the loss of her parents.

Tyson had done everything for her. He tried to get her to eat again. He tried to get her to stop crying. He tried to get her to laugh or at least smile. And he tried to get her to talk again. His attempt of finally getting her to spend some time with him was now working. Yes she would just sit with him or something but at least she wasn't alone he always thought.

~
AN:
Emilia Clarke as Bethany

~AN:Emilia Clarke as Bethany

Matt Bomer as Steven