20: One Of Them Knows

It's Tuesday. 

The first day I've decided to come out of the house and get my lazy ass to school. Layla and Edward have been trying to visit me during the week I'm 'infected with a contagious disease'. That's from my dad by the way, he said that without thinking when both of them are at my doorsteps, even when I texted them not to come. They're my best friends, the thought of them coming here without thinking, warmed my heart. As for the others, I'm pleasantly surprised that The Five Musketeers texted me as well, reckoning that they got my number from Blake to wish me to get well soon. I chatted with Andy during the week planning for our next game of COD, which went well, even for Ryder. It goes like this. 

Unknown: Hey, it's Ryder. 

Me: Hey Ryder.. What brings you to text me? 

Ryder: Uh.. Just wanna text you to get well soon. That's all. 

Me: Oh, thanks. It's sweet of you

Ryder: Yea. Uh.. 

Me: Yes? Is there anything else you want to tell me? 

Ryder: Uh... 

Me: Ryder? Is everything okay? 

Ryder: .... 

Me: Are you trying to piss me off? Because it's kind of working. 

Ryder: No.. no... not at all. I've got nothing else to say to you. So once again, get well soon

Me: Thanks again, Ryder. :) 

Awkward. I know. That conversation probably sums up more than when we talk each other in real life. As for Blake. Well, we had our midnight phone calls, he doesn't usually text me unless asking for the time suitable for our calls. He kept saying how he missed me in Biology class, English and all the other lessons that I'm in with him. But most of the time when we talked on the phone. Two words always comes up. 

Best friend. 

He kept whining how he needs his best friend in school, which he say, is me. Which also kinda weird me out, when Andy and others are similarly his best friends too. Then he said he need his girl best friend

I knew my feelings for him is stronger than before, and I can't let that ruin all the fun we had for the few months I've had with him. But I also can't help feeling so dejected and lonely especially when my heart decides to fall in love with one of my best friends, who possibly won't feel the same way as how I feel for him now. I couldn't tell him about my cancer. I won't. I don't need to. But all those butterflies in my stomach are putting a weight on me, urging the words to come out of my mouth. But now, all I need is to pretend that I'm okay. 

Me and my brother are in his car right now, with no conversations started, just silence. But it's a comfortable silence though, even though I'm kind of used to him blabbering all the stupid things that can always make me laugh nonetheless. About 5 minutes later, we've reached the school. I've unfasten the seat belt, preparing to open the car door. But a sniffle broke the silence. I looked back to Asher, tears filled his soon to be red eyes, but none of them dropped. He choked on his tears and wiped the incoming tear that was about to drop. I put my hand on his shoulder as he looked at me. My hand reached forward to the back of his neck, and traced the tattoo that he've gotten yesterday during midnight or today morning, which I also have one of my own, which is kind of a last minute thing. 

Of course, we didn't plan this. My idiot of a brother, decides to wake me up at 12.15AM today morning. That's not all, he fully know well that I am always grumpy when I am not satisfied with the amount of sleep I have. Well, it's his turn to be annoyed when I pestered him for a full 10 minutes about where we're going, that if he don't tell me, I will punch his balls, which I did before 2 years ago and I won't hesitate to do it again, so he gave in.