9: A Dramatic and Depressing Night

He grabbed my arm and hugged me. I flew into his hard chest and during that moment, I could hear how fast his heart beat when my cheeks slammed onto it. My hands automatically wraps around his body, being comfortable or try to be not awkward if I don't hug him back. Why did he hug me? Did something happen? 

" Goodnight and I'll see you at school on Monday. " He whispered as his lips brushed against my forehead and let go of me. 

" Alright, goodnight, Blake. " I smiled at him, and he smiled back. He motioned for me to go back into the house. I opened the door with the keys in my clutch, and leaned against the door frame as I wait for him to drive off. He turned his body so now I see his back, taking small steps back to his mustang while looking back at me with that genuine smile. Blake got into his car and started the engine, and waved at me, I did the same, and he drove off. 

I silently climb up the stairs, not wanting to wake Dad and Asher up since it's already 1.30 AM in the morning. As I reached my room, I heard a chime from my phone, someone sent me a text.

Unknown: Hey, Jade. It's Blake. I just wanna say goodnight. So goodnight. :) 

Me: Hey, Blake. I don't know how you got my number but I'm not gonna ask. Goodnight and see you soon. :))

Blake :): Goodnight, chipmunk. 

After that, I went to the bathroom to wash myself up, wore some comfy clothes, and jumped into my soft bed. My eyes are starting to slowly close, as I drift myself to sleep. 

🍂🍂🍂

It's Sunday. One more day till I can see Blake. I don't know why I have the sudden urge to see Blake but I just want to. Maybe because he's too comfortable to be around with? Maybe I want to get to know him more? Maybe he's not like what others see him as?  My mind's messing with me. I'm currently binge watching The Vampire Diaries and stuffing myself with some frozen grapes. My eyes were about to witness Damon and Elena kiss, but my phone rang, which caught me off. I see the call sender, it's Layla. I picked it up. 

" Hey, wassup? Why did you call?" I asked. 

" Hey, J. Can I come over? I need to tell you something that needs some explaining to do. " She asked with panic in her voice.
" Sure, I'll ask Edward to come too. " I said.

" He's right here with me. We're on our way. " She hung up. Why is Edward with Layla? Did Edward finally confessed to her? Why am I asking so many questions today? 

And within minutes since she hung up, the door bell rang. I went down the stairs to open the door to let them in. I'm shocked. 
Once I opened the door, I see Edward with blue and black bruises on his face, especially the dark purple one that's under his right eye, blood oozing out of his nose, he looked like got beaten up. His arms were over Layla's shoulders, his left leg lifted up as if in pain.

" What the fuck happened to you, Ed?? " I asked worriedly, as my hands instinctively went up to his face to check the bruises that's visible on his face.

" We'll talk... about this upstairs. " He says with a broken voice. We went up the stairs and I let Edward to lay on my bed to rest. 

" What on earth happen to you? " I asked with the serious tone. Nothing like this happened to Edward before. And why is Layla's cheek so red and her eyes seemed to be swollen as if she cried and her clothes are so dirty and ripped? Both of them looked at each other, and Edward nodded at Layla. What the hell is going on?

" J, when I tell you this, please don't freak out... " Layla started off. How am I supposed to not freak out right now? 

I just nodded, wanted to know what happened as soon as possible.