6: The Perfect Dress

Today is the day. Tonight is the dinner and I'm Blake's date for it. I told myself to not be nervous about tonight but the nerve hits me at the wrong timing. The only thing I'm missing out right now is my outfit. I searched my closet to find any elegant clothing but to no available. Everything looks too casual in my wardrobe, mostly band tees.

I decided to call for help.

Layla. 

The phone rings for a while and finally she picked it up.

"Hola a quien quiera que seas, pero ¿por qué me estás llamando a esta hora? ( hello to whoever you are but why are you calling me at this hour? ) " Layla mumbled grumpily.

It's already noon, and I don't get why she's still sleeping at this hour. I wonder what she did last night, wait, you know what, I don't even want to know anything about it.

"Hey, Lay. It's me, Jade. I'm absolutely sorry for waking you up when you need your beauty sleep at like twelve in the afternoon? I don't know what you did last night, and I don't want to know what you did last night as well, but right now, I need your help.. Urgently..." I asked with a pleading voice.

I heard ruffling in her background, which I suspected that she's already awake due to my sudden and rare call because I don't really call her for favors.

"Por qué? Que pasó? Alguien te hizo algo? (Why? What happened? Someone did something to you?) Who is it? I'mma beat the shit outaa- " I cut her off before she goes too overboard with her swearings in Spanish. Yes, I can understand Spanish since Spanish is one of my lessons that I took in school, but I'm not that great plus I'm a nerd too, remember? 

"No, no one is bothering me. Because you see, I have a date tonight and I have nothing to wear. That's why I called you for help." I said with an urgent voice. She didn't talk for awhile and i just tapped my foot nervously as I waited for her reply. 

"Alright, I'll be there in 5." Just like that, the phone called ended.

Layla just lives two blocks from me, so it's kind of normal for her to come to my house almost everyday or at least four times a week. I did went to her house a few times as well until her family issues starts to break out, and it's been 2 years since I've been to her place.

I am still on my bed, waiting for Layla to come and continuously pondering about tonight's dinner until I heard faint stomping at the stairs that it's nearing to the doorsteps on my room. Someone opened the door and it's Layla.

"I'm he..re...." She pants with her worn out eyes looking at me and having extremely dark circles that is unlike her every other day. She wore an oversized t-shirt which I suspected that it isn't hers and a grey sweatpants. She must have ran here seeing her panting heavily and having shiny drips of sweat covering her forehead and drizzling down at the side of her face, hair tied up into a massive messy bun, when I say messy, it's literally a fucking messy bun.

"Gee, Lay. What did you do last night that made you like this?" That's the first thing that I asked her that broke the silence.
"Nothing that you want to know unless you want your youthful and innocent ears gone." She said with a naughty smirk as she calms herself down.

I knew that shirt wasn't hers.

"So who's your lucky date?" She asked me as she make her way to be seated onto the chair that's next to my dresser.

"Uhm, it's Blake." I said quietly, avoiding her gaze as she starts to drink down water from the bottle that she brought along with her here.

"Bla- Wait, which Blake? There's so many Blakes in our school. Blake Thompson? Oh, please don't tell me it's the Blake that I'm thinking about right now.. " She asked me with her big eyes that seems to be almost popping out of her sockets if she looked at me any bigger.