16

"In your wildest dreams"

"Kie you can slow down already." My voice is a little shaky and my hands are holding tightly to the seat under me as she still hasn't calmed down herself or her driving style. We've been driving for five minutes and for sure are far enough from the yard that we could stop.

It seems like Kie just snapped out from some kind of trance. She looks around almost confused before turning to me and starting to slow down the car. "Right", she breaths out.

Eventually we stop to the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. There's only trees around us and we didn't even see anyone else driving around here. The fuel gauge is showing us the red light and If the boys don't make it out of there we're pretty much stuck in here. And even if they get out but they don't have the drone we basically did all that for nothing. And I don't think there is gonna be second chances for us as long as the same guy has the job.

Kie sighs, her hands still straight in front of her gripping the wheel. "I'm sorry if I freaked you with my driving skills", she turns to me with somehow frightened expression. Judging by that I think she is more scared herself than I am. "I'm a good driver, I promise. These just weren't the ideal conditions."

"No it's fine, I totally understand", I smile a little amused by her reassuring tone. Her wide eyes calm down too and a relieved smile grows to her lips. After a while of awkward silence and staring at each other ends up to us bursting out laughing. The stress of the whole situation releases that way.

"I guess we'll be staying here for a while", Kie says when she has gotten over the laughing. She glances behind us and then back to the fuel gauge that's still telling us we're almost out of gas.

"Seems like it", I agree as I strechs my arms. I open the door and step outside to the fresh air. I didn't even realise how stale it smell in the car until I got outside. And it was so hot in there too.

"This criminal life is tiring", Kie says. She followed me otside and lays down to the grass beside the road.

"But so worth it", I smile as I follow her actions and lay down next to her. "Once we have the gold, I won't complain about anything. Not even about foods with cheese."

"I can't wait", Kie chuckles. "We can finally eat pizza with triple cheese with out leaving a corner without it for you."

"But you won't, right? Since you're good friends of mine and know I don't like it."

"We'll see."

For a moment we lay there silent. My mind goes back to the conversation with mom this morning and for some reason something about it is bothering me. Until now I didn't even remember it at all but now the confusion is back again. "Wait, Kie, you'll never guess what", I sit up so I'm resting on my elbows and look at her from the side.

"Don't say, I'm a good guesser", she says with her eyes still closed and half a smile playing on her lips. "Hmm..."

"Go on, guess", I rush, impatien to tell her.

"You kissed JJ?"

"What? No!" I slap her stomach as her smile grows wide with my reaction. "This is serious. I'm going to midsummers."

It takes her a moment to process my words and I can recognize the moment she realizes what I just said when her eyes fly open and she sits up to the same position as I. "WHAT?"

"I know."

"No way", she shakes her head with an unsure smile. "You're messing with me."

"I could be, but I'm not", I admin. "Mom told me when I visited her this morning."