Chapter 10 : The Love That Lingered

Hello guys!

I am extremely sorry for the delay in updating.

However, I assure it won't be repeated.

Anyways, here comes the next update.

Also, we crossed 500 reads on this book. I am so so delighted. It really means a lot to me! Thank you to all of you!

Keep showering your love!

//चुप माही चुप है रांझा, बोले कैसे वे ना जा
बोले कैसे वे ना जा, आजा आजा//

11th February 2019, Chandigarh
9 PM

Dear Diary,

It's been three months since Kabir and I got married.

Three months, all passed by in a blink!

Kabir stayed for a week after our wedding before he reported back to his duty.

Those cherished days!

Those days were filled with shy smiles that spoke volumes of our affection, warm embraces that enveloped us in a cocoon of happiness, and strong promises that sealed our love for eternity.

They held a unique magic, bounding Kabir and me into more and more love for each other.

Our hearts danced in harmony, and our souls found solace in each other's presence, making those days an unforgettable chapter in the story of our love.

That day, after our Anand Karaj, which was followed by a scrumptious lunch, I bade my goodbye to my family and set off to a new life, a new home.

Kabir's family welcomed me with wide smiles and open arms. His mom did a little aarti of us and I performed the Griha Pravesh ritual by kicking a small kalash filled with rice with my right foot, hoping to be blessed with prosperity and abundance in our home.

We entered inside and were ushered to a prayer hall. Kabir and I bowed down in front of Guru Granth Sahib and a huge photograph of Guru Nanak ji.

Keerti then took me to Kabir's bedroom for a short rest before we went ahead with some post-wedding rituals. I was tired as hell, and I dozed off.

Evening soon fell, and as I sat up, I heard a light knock on the door and found my mother-in-law. She entered and greeted me with a gracious smile, saying, "Hope you rested well."

She gave me an orange suit set with matching jewellery. The suit was really pretty, with orange angarakha style kurta, matching palazzos, and a bandhej organza dupatta.

"I had been planning to buy you a saree, but Kabir told me that you don't like wearing them, so I decided to go with this. Do you like it?" She asked.

I nodded enthusiastically, replying, "I do, Mom!"

She took my hands in hers and continued, "You're too kind, beta! You've brought so much happiness to Kabir's life. My boy is really lucky to have you. May God bless you and Kabir with all the happiness in the world."

We shared a warm smile before she added, "Get ready soon; we're all waiting downstairs. Call me or Keerti if you need any help."

I nodded and watched her leave the room.