Chapter 9 : The Love That Sealed The Deal

Longest chapter I wrote! More than 4500 words.

Please like, comment and share.

Also, I am completely unaware about Sikh wedding rituals, so, if I made any mistake in describing it, you are most welcome to point it out, and help me in correcting it.

//एक दिन आप यूं हमको मिल जाएंगे
फूल ही फूल राहों में खिल जाएंगे, मैंने सोचा न था
एक दिन ज़िंदगी इतनी होगी हसीं
झूमेगा आसमां, गाएगी ये ज़मीं, मैंने सोचा न था//

13th November 2018, Chandigarh
9 AM

Dear Diary,

Days passed by in a blink! And before we knew it, it was already October 25th, Diwali.

The past few days had been so busy. The days leading up to the wedding had been a blur of excitement, stress, and a mix of emotions that I can hardly put into words.

From the moment we finalized the wedding date, life seemed to have been on fast-forward. There was a constant stream of phone calls, meetings, and decisions to make.

Who knew planning a wedding could be this demanding?

But, every moment of this journey had been filled with a unique kind of joy.

In the midst of all this chaos, a part of me ached for Kabir's presence.

My love, my pillar of strength, my groom, was far away in the army, fulfilling his duty to the nation.

How I wish he could have been there with me, sharing in the joy of those moments!

But distance could not dampen our spirits. Through video calls and late-night phone conversations, we had managed to weave threads of connection across the miles.

Everyday, when we talked, we were counting down to the days of our wedding, to our forever.

That day, the festive spirit of Diwali filled the air. The aroma of sweets wafted from the kitchen, and the house was adorned with twinkling lights and colorful rangoli designs.

And just like, every festival, I was deeply missing Kabir. That morning, Kabir video called me.

"Happy Diwali, jaan!", his voice hit as soon as I picked the call.

"Tumhare bina kyaa Happy Diwali, Kabir!", I dejectedly whispered in the lowest voice possible.

He, unable to hear, asked, "What?"

"Nothing! Happy Diwali, Kabir!", I, putting a brave face in front of my brave soldier, replied.

We talked more, and he told me about the celebrations in the camp.

As the day went on, I immersed myself in decorating the house. Lighting diyas, arranging flowers, and preparing sweets kept me busy, but my heart was still heavy.

I couldn't shake off the longing to have Kabir by my side.

I miss him every day, but on festivals and special occasions, things just get worse.

And then, night came and we sat for the pooja. We were clicking pictures after the pooja ended when there was a knock on the door.

I hurried to open it, thinking it might be a neighbor, here to exchange Diwali greetings.