Chapter 28

♕Maxwell♕

She loved her gift. I was happy that she liked it. It had taken me forever to find it.

"Come on let's sit down." I grabbed her arm and helped her sit down. I had been up here the whole time trying to get everything ready. I had asked Joey for help. He didn't want to at first, but then when I explained what I was going to do he helped me with the champagne and rose petals.

I hadn't gotten to see Jessica until now. She looked gorgeous. The white dress she had on was stunning. She just looked perfect under the moonlight. She gave me a smile before looking up at the sky. I grabbed the bottle of champagne and opened it. It fizzled and the foam exploded out. I heard Jeesica laughing, which cause me to scowl at her.

"Aww, look at you. You look so adorable when you blush." She said while pinching my cheek. I shrugged her off and grabbed the glasses and filled them up.

"To a future friendship and your birthday." I said while lifting my glass up.

"I can drink to that." She brought her glass up to mine and chugged it all down. I raised an eyebrow at her.

"I had a rough day. My parents sent me a gift and a note with words that are propably not true. I had to decorate the whole house, and propably end up cleaning it."

"I could help clean it all up." She looked at me and looked deep in thought.

"Yeah, that would be great." She gave me a small smile before going under the covers. "Ah, it's warm in here." She gave out a yawn and snuggled closer to me. I chuckled and went under the covers as well. I checked the time, 10 minutes before my surprise. Hopefully she will stay awake.

"Hey, I have one more gift left, but you have to stay awake okay?" She nodded her head and stared up at me. I looked down at her. She looked beautiful. From this distance I could see that she had some green goldish flecks in her hazel eyes. She started to lift herself up towards me while I started to lower myself.

Her lips pressed against mine. We moved in sync. She pulled me down closer to her. I ran my hand through her hair while the other went down to her waist. She put her hands through my hair and started to tug causing a moan to escape my lips. I could feel her smirk against my lips. I slipped my tounge into her mouth deepening the kiss and causing her to moan. She pressed herself closer to me. There was no space between our bodies except our clothes.

She pulled away to breathe, but kept her forehead against mine. She looked at me and smiled.

"Wow." She said breathless. Wow was right. That kiss had been amazing. Right then fireworks went off. She pulled away and looked up just as the words "happy birthday babygirl" came up. I had met someone who could do magic with fireworks and I had asked him to do this for me. I heard Jessica gasp before she pulled me into another passionate kiss.

We spent the rest of the night staring at the stars and moon. We cuddled and kissed but nothing more than that and I was okay with that. I liked this. After a while Jessica had fallen asleep and I was still up looking at the stars.

"Come on, Maxwell. It'll be fun." I looked down at Annie. "The carnival leaves tomorrow! I wanna go before it leaves, please!" I looked at her and sighed.

"Okay, fine. We can go." She squealed before jumping onto me. I chuckled and held her up. She pulled back and stared at me.

"I love you." She whispered.

"I love you, too." I responded before kissing her.

"Maxwell!" I snapped my eyes open. When had I fallen asleep? I looked at Jessica and she had a worried look on her face.

"What's wrong?" I asked her while pulling her towards me.

"You're crying." She whispered. I froze and lifted my hand to my face and I felt the tears. I had been crying in my sleep? "What's wrong?" I shrugged.

"Don't worry about it. I'm fine now."

"Did you dream about Annie?" She whispered quietly. I tensed up and I saw understanding in her eyes. She gave me a small smile and she wrapped her arms around my neck. "It's okay." She muttered into my ear. She pulled back and placed a small kiss on my cheek. "Come on, let's go check the damage done." I nodded and stood up helping Jessica up. We walked to the edge and climbed down the ladder and went into her room. Her bed looked so comfortable! I just wanted to jump into it and sleep. I heard Jessica giggle. I looked up at her.

"Looks like you really want to jump in there." She had a smirk on her face. I rolled my eyes before getting out of her room.

"Shit." I looked up to see Reece rubbing his head. He looked up and saw me. He narrowed his eyes at me.

"What are you doing? Why were you in my sister's room?"

"Reece it's okay. Calm down will you?"

"I will not calm down! I just saw a boy come out of my sister's room! How do you expect me to calm down!"

"It's not like it would be the first time!" Jessica snapped back. I saw Reece tense up. Jessica sighed and her shoulders slumped. She must be talking about her ex-boyfriend. I was about to reach out to her when I saw her shake her head.

"Reece look I'm sorry. It's just been a rough-"

"No. I'm sorry. You are old enough to make your own decisions and deal with the consequences. I messed up once. I'm just scared that I will mess up again." What does he mean he messed up once? What did he do?

"You know that wasn't your fault, Reece." Jessica walked to him and pulled him into a hug. I heard a sob escape Reece's lips. He pulled away and walked down the hall into a room. Jessica sighed before turning around to look at me. She gave me a sheepish smile before shrugging.

"Um, thank you for the gift and the wonderful night on the roof. I'll see you Monday?" I nodded my head and she led me to the front door.

"I'm glad you liked your gift." She gave me a small smile and nodded. I pulled her into a hug. We stayed like that until the sound of shattering glass snapped us out. Jessica sighed.

"Bye, Maxwell."

-----------------------------------------------------
Lovely moment between our lovebirds! What about that dream? Reece being a protective brother melts my heart! What happened with Reece? Sorry for any mistakes! You know the drill!
Read
Vote
Comment
Fan!