Chapter 21

♡Jessica♡

"Hey Joey." I said as I walked into the staff kitchen. We had a kitchen for us, but we barely use it since my mom is never home to actually cook. Joey turned around quickly with a look of shock on his face.

"What are you doing here it's Tuesday? Shouldn't you be in school right now?" He narrowed his eyes at me. I gave him my sweetest smile and batted my eyelashes. He gave me a pointed look before I sighed and my shoulders sagged down.

"I was on the roof and lost track of time and fell asleep and I didn't have my alarm." I shrugged.

"Of course. What do you need?"

"Breakfast?" I asked smiling. He chuckled and nodded turning towards the fridge. I went to the living room and grabbed all my stuff and shoved it into my backpack. I was about to leave when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I asked.

"JESSICA! Where are you?" I flinched pulling the phone away from my ear. Jeez, always the loud one. I rolled my eyes before answering.

"Hello to you, too brother of mine." I could just see him rolling his eyes.

"No. Now tell me where are you? Why aren't you at school?"

"If you must know,"

"Yes I must know. Now tell me!"

"Jeez, would you calm down? I'm at home in the living room at this very moment." I heard him sigh in relief. He was overreacting.

"Okay, good. I went to get you this morning and you were gone, so I thought you had already left for school." It was already lunch time and he had just noticed my absence. Wow. Well there's my brother for ya.

"Yeah, whatever I gotta go. I'll see you at home?"

"Yeah love you baby sis!"

"Yeah, yeah, I love you too you big dork." He yelled a last goodbye before hanging up. I sighed putting my phone into my back pocket. I walked towards the kitchen and I could smell the delicous food. I walked in and was greeted by the smell of chocolate chip pancakes.

"Okay, there is your food now if you'll excuse me it's my lunch break."

"Thank you Joey! Have fun on your lunch break!" He nodded his head before walking out the staff exit. I grabbed two plates and filled them up with food. I wonder what Max was doing? I headed towards the stairs before I decided to take the elevator. Yeah I know we have an elevator. What? I had two plates and cups of juice in my hand I had to take the food cart. And I'd rather eat my food rather than drop it.

"Hey, hey, hey! I brought breakfast and all my school stuff for the project." I looked up to see Max passed out on my bed. A small smile spread on my face. He looked so young and innocent when he was asleep. I walked towards him and placed a small kiss on his forehead before writing a note. I grabbed my food and school bag before heading to the library on the third floor. I'll let him rest. He had a pretty rough night.

After what seemed like forever I finished our project and printed it out. I looked at the time and saw that it had already been almost two hours since I saw Max. Maybe he was awake now. I walked towards my bedroom and opened the door. Maxwell was still knocked out on the bed. Man he sure can sleep, maybe even more than me! And trust me when I say I sleep. Alot.

Oh well. I'll just stay in the library and read whatever's in there. I made my way back and explored the two story library. I found a pretty interesting book and went to sit in front of the chimney. I read the book for a while before I felt my eyes start to droop, and it soon became hard to keep them open.

-----------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! This chapter is short and sort of a filler! Sorry for any mistakes! You know the drill!
Read
Vote
Comment
Fan!