Chapter 277 ~ Moving Forward

Leon sat relaxedly, leaning his back to the soft cushions of his couch in the parlor of his mansion.

On one hand, he held several documents pertaining to the details and progress reports of his "surprise gift" for Charlotte.

Thanks to Alex's dedicated help and Misteltein's connection, the bakery was proceeding very quickly without any troubles. At this pace, Leon would be able to do a grand opening by the end of next month, just after the end of the Royal Academy Tournament.

Meanwhile, his other hand was busy petting his adorable, pink-haired divine fox princess, who was laying down on his lap, fully nuzzling her face to his waist while purring like a cat.

It seems like Vyra's habits had rubbed off on her.

He smiled silently and continued to stroke her beautiful, smooth hair and caress her adorable fox ears.

Like usual, Amatearsu and Altria came to visit his mansion on the last weekday of every week. Since the next day was a weekend, Amaterasu would love to stay overnight and play with him and her sisters until she had to return to her dorms in the royal academy.

And when she came, she would always act spoiled towards Leon, especially on the night of her last school day for the week.

She would want to be pampered by her beloved, just like right now, and demand for her head to be pet until she's satisfied.

And thanks to her sisters being extremely understanding, she was able to monopolize her beloved for a few hours and spend some alone time with him.

After enjoying almost an hour of silence, Amaterasu began to stir in his lap, taking his attention from his papers.

"What's wrong, Amaterasu?"

"Mmmngghh~ Nothing's wrong but... I wanted to ask. Is everyone free tomorrow?"

She lazily rolled herself to face Leon, still laying her head on his lap while speaking to him.

Leon thought for a moment before answering.

"Aside from Vincent, Victoria, and Alex, I think so. Why? Do you want to go out with everyone?"

"Yes, but there's also something else... Leon, can you bring Alex too?"

"Alex?"

She nodded, and seeing Leon's inquiring expression, she began explaining to him the situation, including Altria's request that she made a few nights ago.

"I see..."

"Mm. That's why, can you please have him come?"

Leon turned to his papers, looking at it and turning a few pages for a few moments, before turning back to his puppy-eyed princess on his lap with a smile.

"I'll make some arrangements in the morning and delegate some of his tasks to Fina or Eric."

"Really?! Will that be okay?"

"Mm. Don't worry. I've been meaning to have him take a break soon as well, so this would be a good opportunity to do so."

"Yaay~!!! Thank you, Leon~!!! You're the best!!!"

Amaterasu leaped up and wrapped her arms around him in a tight embrace, as Leon embraced her back, stroking her head which made her tail go wild.

And for the rest of the night, Amaterasu became even more excitable and cheerful than normal.

--------------------------------X--------------------------------

Early in the morning of the next day, Leon explained his plan to go on an outing with everyone around town since Amaterasu and Altria came to visit over the weekend over breakfast.