Addiction

Maximus's POV

I woke up in pain. My body feels like it's been run over by a truck. What the fuck happened? When I opened my eyes there was a petite, black haired woman with blue eyes staring at me.

"Excuse me, what happened? Who are you?" I asked.

"Sweetheart, you've been in an accident, you need to rest." She answered.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I'm your fiancée." She answered.

Fiancée? Why don't I remember anything. Wait, who am I?

"What happened? What accident?" I asked.

She sighed before rubbing her temple, "you were working out and fell, knocking yourself out. The doctor said you hit your head extremely hard on the ground."

Shit. I'm feeling extremely uncomfortable with only this woman here. I feel like I'm forgetting something important.

"Who am I?" I asked.

"You're Maximus Santorino." She answered. I just nodded my head. Unsure what to ask or do.

"Don't worry, baby, we'll get everything sorted out. Here just drink this, I made you some tea."

I grabbed the mug from her and took a small sip before drinking normally. After finishing the drink I sighed and looked up at her. She looked like a gorgeous angel but why don't I feel anything for her? Is this normal?

She grabbed my hand and led me from the couch to a bedroom. She removed my shirt and began caressing my body before she started kissing my chest. Her hands went to my waistband and I had to grab them to stop her.

"I'm sorry, I'm not comfortable with you yet. Maybe we can slow things down a bit?" I told her.

She looked upset but relented and let go.

"Can I take a shower?" I asked. She then led me to the bathroom and gave me a towel, not saying anything.

I showered off and dried before realizing she didn't give me any clothes. I wrapped the towel tight around my waist and exited the bathroom. She was sitting on the bed with clothes sitting next to her. I noticed her pupils enlarge and I could smell her arousal. I awkwardly grabbed the clothes and went back into the bathroom to get dressed. I don't know what all is going on but something is wrong and I'm going to figure it out.

Brent's POV

I enter a club called The View and walk towards the bar. I really need a few drinks to get myself started.

"Hey there sexy," a woman walked up towards me and starts trailing her fingers down my arm. I stopped her hand and did my best to ignore her but she was insistent on getting my attention.

"What do you want? Can't you tell I'm not interested?" I tell her.

She huffed in anger and finally left me alone.

"I need a double Crown and coke," I tell the bartender. She nods at me and starts to make my drink. She slides it across the bar and I grab it and chug it. I tap my finger on the bar and order another, repeating the process.

"Hey sweet pea, I have to cut you off." She tells me after my sixth one. What the fuck? I'm a wolf, I can handle more than she's dishing.

"Whatever." I tell her before I walk off in search of a demon or Lucifer. I pull the crystal from my pocket and see it glowing. I look around, confident there's a demon somewhere around here. I see a tall man sitting at a table across the club, staring directly at me. He either wants me or wants something from me and I'm going to find out what it is. I strut towards him, confident he has information I can use.