chapter xv

as much as bees depend on their queen,
as much as plants depends on the sun,
or,
as much as a windmill depends on the subtle breeze of the spring,

you can only really realize how strong the dependency once a component is gone.

but, like most toxic dependencies:

as much as an alcoholic depends on their bottle of rum after a long day of work,

the feeling is indescribable.
without the frequent drink, the alcoholic becomes desperate for any distraction, any remote method to take them away into a drunken fantasy of numbing ease.

there sat alice, engrossed and enamored in her own filth, milking every drip of alcohol from a bottle of rum she'd bought with the little money she'd had left in her checkings account.

what happens now?

tears streamed, leaking from her eyeballs, as she laid, sobbing.

alone, hungry, lost.

broken.

the room began to spin as her jaw began to unhinge, filling her mouth slowly with saliva. her eyelids fell slowly, darkening as she counted her breaths 'til her conscious clocked out.

and, the clock's hands ticked around as the sun made its departure, sinking below the surface of the fine line of the earth as it kissed its land.

somewhere near her body, a vibration sounded.

jesse: "I tried to warn you. Blue, you're fired"

-

natalia, after driving herself farther from the scene, parked herself in a plaza nearby.

all alone, she eased herself into the realization of the reality and her eyes began to heat as pressure built from the sockets. bursting into an uncharacteristic sob, nat hugged her knees in comfort and sunk in unmeasurable guilt and grief.

the inseparable duo were detached from their hips and the thought of being alone was unnatural.

"maybe moving in together was a mistake," thought natalia.

"maybe this is the end of us."

the shrieking sound of crying women would continue throughout the night, the future seemingly more dark and empty.

-

i guess not all stories have a happy ending.

🎉 Du har läst färdigt 𝕸𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖞 𝕭𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖘 🎉