chapter xiii

grayson scott,
a man of intimidation, respectability and honor.
a figure of responsibility and wit.
and,
not to mention,
the undeniable charm.

the cruel exhaustion from her withering limbs deteriorated into nothingness and without a single thought of analysis, she unknowingly agreed to the plans of meeting once again, although she was well aware of dawson's sacrifice for her own rest.
but, there just wasn't enough time for everything. the perfect opportunity had presented itself to her feet, delivering her a rare chance to live out the mental fantasies she'd had about grayson. nat wanted so desperately to finally develop feelings further than just the idea of someone. the disappointment of comparing the idea of someone with their true self needed to come to a wholesome end.

natalia: "just got off. what's up?"
grayson: "Wanted to see if you had some time to hang out tonight (:"

a reluctant sigh departed from her two lips and she subconsciously typed out her reply. her mind was on complete auto-pilot.

natalia: "sure, where did you wanna meet"

-

alone in her own company, blue sunk in the depths of the worn out sofa cushions, entering yet another trial to focus herself back into the ambition of finishing the assignments due so soon. however, her sight wandered around the corners of the room. unfortunately, her phone, laid by the side of her left thigh on the cushions, seemed so tempting. procrastination was a toxic addiction all on its own, occupying the only day of free time she had. her brittle, shaky hand fell for the temptations and reached unhesitatingly for her phone, where she began to scroll through countless unseen posts and unread text messages.

"i guess replying to texts is productive, too." blue tried to excuse herself in shaking off the hidden guilt. her weary eyes squinted at the brightened screen. her sin of laziness had dismissed the gradually falling sun and she hadn't switched on the lights in the living room, despite the lack of natural light. her legs were folded up to her cushy chest as she laid, leaning her body weight against the couch in relieving comfort.
the awareness of knowing she'd fallen behind in her classes was imminent, yet it didn't feel real for some reason. she'd rather leave it all behind and it had come to the point where she was looking for anything else to do. honestly, what was the point?

soon, sheer boredom led her to the long lost dating app that was hidden quietly in the library of her applications. perhaps, she was in need for some attention.

blue, the attention whore.

the digital screen shifted to its flash of bolded yellow, and she longed to see the matches she'd missed over the period of time she'd been away. while blue wasn't the pickiest compared to others, she'd find herself growing judgmental of the men that tried for her hand. this one was too short, this one had strange facial hair, and this one was self-employed at his own business—selling action figures.