9❦

9

❦𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮❦

"Are you ok, Cupcake?" Isaiah whispers out gently. I peel my eyes away from where the man disappeared and look over at Isaiah whose eyes are roaming over my body in concern.

"I-I need to sit down." I stutter out weakly.

My legs feel like they are going to collapse beneath me. "Ok. Sit right here." He gestures to a parking curb.

I stumbled over my feet trying to walk the short distance to it, Isaiah placing a gentle hand on my shoulder to keep me upright.

I would think that after what happened I would have shrunk away from his touch. But I found so much comfort in it, that when I made it to the curb and he let go of me, I was surprised that I didn't want him to.

Isaiah sat beside me as I focused on breathing normally again, he didn't say anything as he waited patiently for me to sort myself out.

"Thank you." I whisper out after a few minutes of sitting in silence. I don't know what else to say to him. He just saved me from two guys who would have done such horrible things to me, but all I can manage to say is a measly 'thank you'.

"Did they hurt you?" He asks in a quiet but deadly voice.

"I'm ok now." I reply, because I don't think I can manage enough words to explain anything that just happened.

And I was ok now, he made it so I was ok, and I'll be forever grateful to him for that.

"I don't like what that answer implies. But I'll leave it for now." He states.

"Are you here with anyone?" He questions, I shake my head no and he lets out a grunt of disapproval.

"How about you stick with me tonight then?"

That actually sounds like a grand idea. My brain is still a little fuzzy and the last thing I want is to be alone right now. I give him a quick nod, still not quite finding my voice and send him the best smile I can force onto my face.

"Ok, let's get inside then." He offers me a hand, and I place my small, still slightly trembling hand in his much bigger firm one.

Isaiah pulls me to my feet and when I look up at him, he's got a sorrowful smile on his face and my stomach sinks.

He knows something bad happened, anyone could tell from the way I look. But having Isaiah look at me like that, makes me feel shameful for what I let happen.

He starts to lead me away from the front doors and around to the side of the building. I use every second to get over what just happened. So that when he looks at me, he sees normal Rose, not the utterly broken Rose I currently am.

"We're going to the VIP entrance." He clarifies, I would have been curious as to why we are heading away from the main entrance, but my mind is not quite there, so I didn't even really register what we were doing.

"Ok." I speak up, testing my voice. It sounds better now, not so defeated.

Isaiah leads me to the guy guarding the VIP entrance.

"Name." The guard grumbles out like he hates his job.

"Isaiah Brown." He replied.

"Your name's not on the list." The guard says after he flips through the papers in front of him.

"It should be, check again." Isaiah bites out as he glares at the guard.

"It's not on here. Next!" He dismisses Isaiah and calls for the next in line to step forward. Isaiah lets out a list of profanity under his breath as he rubs his face aggressively.