2♦

2

♦𝕭𝖑𝖆𝖐𝖊♦

"Aren't you supposed to be working on your mom's house?" I ask Isaiah as he sits across from me in my living room sipping on a bottled lemonade.

"I'll do it tomorrow." He mumbles and waves his hand at me in dismissal. The boy has been promising to clean the gutters at his moms house for weeks and has yet to follow through.

"You really should just get it done." Ace adds in as he walks back into the living room from the kitchen.

"I will, just not today. I've dedicated this day to hanging out with my bros." Isaiah raises his bottle of lemonade up in a cheers, even though he's the only one with a drink.

"You hang out with us everyday, actually I'm getting sick of seeing your face. Go home to your mom, Isaiah." I shew him with one hand as I use the other to flip through Netflix shows trying to find something interesting to watch.

I'm not a huge movie or TV show person, I watch documentaries mostly, but the two other guys that are always over at my place won't stop complaining if I try to watch one. So we usually end up giving up, and not watching anything.

"Oh come on, you know you love my company." Isaiah scoffs as he finishes off the last of his lemonade and chucks it in the trash.

"Fuck off." I mumble. But he's right, I wouldn't say "love" but I couldn't see my life without my two friends constantly butting their way into my life.

"Are you ready for the fight tonight?" Ace asks, changing the topic.

"Yeah, the dude I'm fighting tonight doesn't stand a chance. What about you?" I question right back. Ace and I have been fighting in underground matches for years now. I've been thinking about trying something new, but the adrenaline rush I get every time I step into the ring pulls me back in. I'm dang good at it too, only lost a few matches since I've started.

Ace wants to go pro, he's one of the best fighters I know, but he has an old injury that keeps him from getting sponsored. So we fight underground, and make good money doing it. I'm 5'11 weighing just under two hundred pounds, and have a lot of muscle on me. But Ace is 6'2 and two hundred and fifty pounds of pure intimidating muscle.

We've never had a real match against each other before, but we have sparred a few times, both of us can hold our own against each other and if we weren't just two friends messing around, it would be a brutal fight. We promised to never accept a paid fight, no matter how much we were offered, if it meant fighting a friend that meant it wasn't going to happen.

Isaiah on the other hand is a little wimp, bet he's never fought a day in his life. The three of us became friends in second grade, a group of boys a few years older were picking on Isaiah on the playground after school. I was just about to step in when I saw Ace start marching over to the group of boys.

Even back then he was rather large, and I thought he was heading over to pick on Isaiah too. So I stepped in front of Isaiah, ready for a fight, but to my surprise Ace stepped past me, sending a hard punch to the face of the biggest kid that was picking on Isaiah. We've been friends ever since.

"Same, kinda wish I was fighting someone who could challenge me though. Getting tired of beating everyone's ass right off the bat." Ace jokes, I nod in agreement.

His last two matches he fought guys who looked like they played chess for a living. Nothing wrong with chess, but if you got noodle arms maybe don't sign up for an underground fight against a form of the hulk.

"Are you guys gonna put me on the list this time?" Isaiah glares at us as I try to stop a smirk from appearing on my face. Every once and a while Ace and I "forget" to put him on our guest list.